Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Resolutions to Help Your 2017 Shine

Written by Bernadyn Nettles

Happy New Year, friends! I hope you're all having a fab 2017 so far. We had so much going on over the holidays, so I didn't get much time to post anything new or end off the year with a bang like I originally planned. But, that's life, isn't it? Now, I'm just focusing on ringing in the New Year with positive vibes and love since those are the most important things I'm embracing in my life right now and two things we all appreciate, right?!




We decided to stay in on New Year's Eve to celebrate the New Year. We took these family photos and had a little fun making a  mannequin challenge video, which you can see on our
👉 Instagram page. 👈

Check it out and don't forget to follow us on 📷Instagram where we post behind the scenes shots, beauty products, giveaways, and our daily activities. We'll also be posting more fun videos and Insta stories as the year goes on.

2016 Flashback 

2016 started out on the right track with me returning to school to enter the graduate program, becoming a reporter for our school paper, and being invited to join the exclusive Vanity Fair Social Club for bloggers. I attended their Art Basel Miami back in December 2015 and last spring in 2016, I had the amazing opportunity to join them again in Los Angeles for the five day Vanity Fair Pre-Oscars Event. 

However, as the year continued, there were road bumps we hit that included some medical problems. 2016 reared its ugly head to many people, including the world with all the incredible celebrities we lost last year. It pounced and it clawed as it tried to break down whatever got in its way. We felt the effects of Hurricane Matthew in our city as some of my favorite places were hit and had to be rebuilt.


All in all, the year 2016 turned into a rough year and we ended up dealing with a lot on our plate and becoming overwhelmed as the year finished off, leaving me with just wanting to enjoy the holiday break with my kids and nothing else. I decided to relish in being in the moment with them while only juggling the bare minimum for this site and completing campaigns I had already committed to finishing.


Gather All the Glitter and Good from the Past Year and Throw it Like Confetti into 2017 

~I let everything else fall to the back burner toward the end of 2016, which is the lesson I'm intentionally carrying over to this New Year.~




"The struggles from the past year made me realize that putting yourself last is rarely ever a good idea. It reminded me that life isn't about being perfect but little moments becoming perfect memories. It reminded me that friends you may not see as often as you like are still important characters in your story and the roles they play are unforgettable. It reminded me that strength isn't about lifting heavy objects but uplifting others or about remaining strong when you feel like you're at your weakest."

💖B

 

Make These New Year's Resolutions to Make 2017 Shine

This brings us to my short list of resolutions for this year and what I believe you should include in your resolutions, as well. I set out to only have a few in order to focus on what really matters:

  1.  Forget about being perfect. I'm a perfectionist, so this is going to be a tough one!
  2. Aim to live up to my own expectations before anyone else's expectations. Also, stop expecting so much from other people. And since I know I kick myself way too hard when I don't reach something I was aiming for, I'll remind myself that it's okay to lower my own expectations!
  3. Proactively cherish all the small moments, which I talk about in my newest post over at Jax Moms Blog, entitled, "Reverse New Year's Resolutions: Things I Don't Want to Change in 2017." 
  4. Intentionally surround myself around positive energy and people who love and support me.
  5. Finally, I want to manage time better, which goes along with cherishing those small moments and also because I do have some new adventures I want to prioritize. (Stay tuned for more dirt on this one!)


 All that glitters can be gold if you let it! Take only the good from last year and throw it into the new year to make 2017 shine for you!


What was your favorite part of 2016? What're your New Year's resolutions? If you made some, share and let me know. I'd love to hear it!

Share this post with someone who needs some inspiration and encouragement for the New Year!


Related Posts

 13 Ways to Live a More Positive Life

 What You Might Not Know About Me

Time Capsules, Ring in New Year
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers