I recently posted about the Back to School VoxBox I received from Influenster that came with a ton of goodies that's useful to my family and me. Also included in the VoxBox was a cookie recipe and coupon for a free tub of the Country Crock butter. They encouraged us to make the recipe our own by adding in ingredients that we enjoyed. Butter is one of my guilty pleasures and so are a batch of delicious cookies, so we didn't need much encouraging to make the recipe! My kids love chocolate chip cookies but to make the recipe our own, we also added in butterscotch chips, which is one of my fave ingredients. Yaasss, chocolate chip and butterscotch cookies...yum!
Thank you to Influenster and Country Crock for sponsoring today's discussion. I received a complimentary Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.
Thanks to all these years of baking, I know that a tasty batch of cookies start with good quality butter. Country Crock butter was a perfect way to whip up a good cookie batter. We used the coupon in the VoxBox to grab a free container of butter and picked up some butterscotch chips along with it.
Butterscotch chips are one of my favorite ingredients to include in cookies and also when I make blondies, (the cousin of brownies)...another tasty treat! I'll have to share a recipe for blondies with you all soon!
We followed the Make It Yours Cookie recipe on the back of the card that came in the VoxBox. It had the directions clearly laid out for us to follow. My kids love helping when it comes to baking because they know they'll be able to enjoy the creation when it's done.
I'm so glad my son likes to help cook and bake since it helps with his reading and is a fun way for him to practice math when he measures out the ingredients.
Don't these cookies look tasty? They came out soft and the butterscotch added to the flavor, kicking it up a notch with its butterscotchy goodness! Try it for yourself using the #MakeItYours Recipe from Country Crock. Check out the recipe below and add in your preference for mix-ins!
Make It Yours Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock
- 1 to 2 cups of your choice of mix-ins (we used chocolate chips and butterscotch chips)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins (such as chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, dried fruit, etc.) into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
Baking Tip: We chilled the dough in the fridge for a few minutes (about 10 minutes), before baking them. Each time that we waited for a batch to come out of the oven, we placed the dough back in the fridge to keep it chilled. It helps form the cookie shapes easier.
What are some mix-ins that you would add in? I'm curious, share and let me know in the comments!
|Back to School Influenster VoxBox 2016|