Friday, September 9, 2016

Create Beautiful Cards and Printables with Basic Invite

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

Whenever I have a party or celebration coming up, the first thing I think about is "What type of invite am I going to send?" Although online invites and announcements are acceptable, paper invites and snail mail are more appropriate when it comes to certain occasions. Finding the perfect card for your special occasion or announcement can be tough, from finding the right design, the right font to the right color. That's where Basic Invite comes in! You're able to customize your cards every step of the way to create the perfect one just for you. But before ordering a hundred cards before seeing them in person, Basic Invite allows you to receive samples first.

Special Occasion Cards,, Invites


Thank you to Basic Invite for providing me the complimentary samples in this post in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.



Basic Invite Offers Custom Samples

I think that's one of the best features about Basic Invite are the custom samples - Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place an order for 500 invitations.


When I took a look around Basic Invite's website, I was instantly impressed. The tough part for me wasn't coming up with the perfect design but choosing which type of samples I wanted to make! They offer a variety of cards for several types of special occasions, so it was challenging to decide which occasion I wanted to create cards for.

Basic Invite Card Order
Of course, most people looking around for cards already know what type of invites or announcements they need, whether it be for a baby shower, birth announcement, or graduation celebration. Basic Invite has cards for all of those occasions in multiple designs that you can style on your own. That was my favorite part of the process after I finally decided what type of samples I wanted to try: Having control over the card's font, font size, color, and even choosing the shape of some of the cards. I honestly spent hours over the span of a few days to find the right look for each one!

Thank You Cards
Everyone can always use Thank You Cards, so I customized this one with a few of my favorite colors and favorite paisley pattern.

Almost Unlimited Colors

The unlimited colors is what had me taking so long to make my decisions!
"Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design you can change the color of each element on the card to over 160 different color options so you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it down to the littlest detail. This is what we feel sets us apart from almost any other online stationery company and is what we feel is our biggest draw."

Save the Date Card

I'm sure you're dying to know what type of cards I narrowed it down to and by now, from looking at the photos, you've figured it out! So, maybe you're probably more curious about what they're all about!

Ten Year Wedding Anniversary, Whoa!

My husband and I are will be celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary next year. We have been thinking about it for the past couple of years now, and we wanted to make our ten year celebration extra special by having a little vow renewal ceremony that included our kids.


My daughter used to ask, "Why wasn't I at the wedding?" Both my kids enjoy looking at our wedding photos and always say they wish they were there on our big day. I think that would be a sweet and sentimental idea to have them take part this time and be part of the memories.

Wedding Invites, Vow Renewal Invites

Basic Invite's wedding cards are absolutely gorgeous, so I knew I had to see real-life samples. They looked beautiful on the computer screen, but had a feeling they would be even better-looking in person. My husband actually helped pick which ones he liked before I did. I know you're thinking, "No way!" But, yes, yes, he did. I chose the final details like the color of the font, size of the print, and details on the wording, of course.

Wedding Invites, Vow Renewal Invites

Additionally, I chose a sample for Thank You Cards because you can never have enough of those. When all the cards arrived in the mail, I couldn't wait to see them up close. The order came together in a nice, neat folder and even better, it didn't take as long as I expected. The cards came out beautifully and I was definitely pleased to see them! You can also order the envelopes to match the cards, as well.

Wedding Invites, Vow Renewal Invites



Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes

There are over 40 different colors to choose from for envelopes that will make your invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of the envelopes are peel and seal, which means no licking!

Wedding Invites, Vow Renewal Invites

I ordered one save the date card, but I do wish I made another one just to have another sample, maybe one that would match more with the white cards. No matter though because it's still perfection and I love all of them, which just makes me more confused on which I would actually want to use. Oh boy!


Vow Renewal Cards, Wedding Invites

I love the raised gold foil on these cards, don't you? I couldn't stop touching them. They certainly add that 'touch' of class and will be sure to impress your guests! By the way, the date and details on the actual samples are not accurate because we haven't actually set a venue or specifics like that.

Basic Invite Printables


If all these beautiful cards weren't enough, Basic Invite also offers a wide variety of lovely printables, including several FREE ones, too! I went ahead and downloaded this free Baked Goods Gift Tag Printables and these Gemstone Gift Tag Printables.

Baked Goods Tag Printables
Free Baked Goods Gift Tag Printables
The great thing is that you can go to Basic Invite's site anytime and download any of their free printables to use. So, don't forget to head over there for any gift-giving you have to do. These tags will add that sweet touch to your sweets!

Gemstone Gift Tag Printables
Free Gemstone Gift Tag Printables
 
I also ordered these Gold Confetti Recipe Cards that I think would be perfect for giving out with food gifts or even to use as party favors for our vow renewal celebration. These are not part of the free printables, but they are only $6 to order them once and then you have unlimited access to them, which is so worth it! Aren't they adorable?? After you save the PDF file to your computer, you can type in the recipe before you print them out.

Gold Confetti Recipe Cards

Like I mentioned earlier, Basic Invite offers baby shower cards, birth announcements, first birthday invites, and an array of cute and festive printables.

Here are a few samples of their adorable baby shower cards:
Babsy Shower Cards

And check out these beautiful birth announcement cards:

Birth Announcements

You can't go wrong with these cute First Birthday Cards:

First Birthday Cards

Holidays are not too far away now that fall will be here, so start choosing which holiday cards to send out:

Holiday Cards

Special occasions pop up all year. Thankfully, Basic Invite helps you take care of one of the most important steps and that's inviting your loved ones. They'll be glad you did, too, once they see these stunning cards!

What special occasion do you have coming up that you would use these cards to help celebrate?


Related Posts

DIY Party Photo Prop Cutouts

Apopka Rebounderz, Party Package
Diva Birthday Party at Rebounderz


New Years 2016 Party Ideas and Games


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers