Friday, March 4, 2016

Easter Spring Wall Decor

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

Spring is almost here. Are you ready? I think I've been ready since January because I've had to do a lot of walking back and forth from a far parking lot at my school. I am ready for the warmer weather and new feeling that the Spring season brings, which is why this month's #TBC Craft Hop is a Spring/Easter craft that I worked on with my little girl. She was excited to hear that we were making another craft project and wanted to make something for Easter and Spring. February was a busy month for us, so we pulled this bunny out of our "crafting hat" by making it our focal point. I was inspired by all these colorful, soft pastel-colored paint swatches in our craft box.  I knew my daughter would love cutting and gluing them onto the bunny.



Easter Bunny Spring Decor


Supplies You Need:


  • Scrapbook paper with Spring or Easter colors, optional
  • Pastel-colored paint swatches
  • Thin twine or ribbon 
  • Bunny template or a bunny mold you can trace onto the scrapbook paper (I used a bunny cookie tray)
  • Large white pom pom for bunny tail
  • Picture frame, optional
  • Glue stick
  • Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
  • Scissors

Instructions:

Start with tracing the bunny onto the scrapbook paper if you're using one. You could do without using it, which is what I actually wish I had done but we were already halfway through with gluing all the paint swatches onto the bunny.  


Cut the paint swatches into small squares.  It was easier than cutting it into another shape and I mainly did that so my daughter could practice her cutting skills.

Glue down the paint swatches onto the bunny using a glue stick.  You could use liquid glue, but this s was less messy for us.

I used the hot glue gun to stick on the bunny tail.

We decided to add grass and Easter eggs at the bottom of the paper.  My little girl was the one who thought of that idea and started cutting grass-shaped paint swatches.  

I was impressed; she's a natural creator!  She always says, "I'm an artist, Mommy."

We still had plenty of paint swatches left. I thought that more Easter eggs would be fun to add as a banner at the top.  I just freehand cut them into small egg shapes and used the hot glue gun to stick them onto the twine.  



We added the wooden picture frame over it to complete the look. I think a white picture frame would give it a softer finish for Easter, but the wooden frame works well for Spring, too.



We placed it in the study room with some of my daughter's other artwork.

It was a fun project and I liked that my little girl took the lead on this one. I know she's an aspiring artist. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

What crafts are you working on? Any projects for Easter or Spring?

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers' creations below in the TBC Craft Hop and pin this post or share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.


For more craft ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:

Related Posts


DIY Easter Egg Spring Wreath

St. Patrick's Day and Spring Kids' Crafts

Easter and Spring Crafts {Dollar Tree Giveaway}
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers