Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Gratitude & Love

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Even if you do not celebrate this American holiday, we all have something to be thankful for including just being here to wake up and celebrate another day!  Today, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who stop by here to take a look at our site, read it, share it and support it or if it's through social media that you come by to follow and visit, I appreciate it!  Thank you!  It's been a beautiful and humbling journey and I am grateful for all I have learned, the skills I have developed along the way and transitioning this into a business that I enjoy building.  I am blessed for all the business opportunities that grew with writing this blog but most of all, I am grateful for the connections and friendships that I have gained. 



As my family sits down for our Thanksgiving meal today, I look forward to showing my kids that warm thoughts, loving words and a simple, "Thank you" can go a long way.  

Melody Beattie
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

There is a lot of hate and wrong going on in the world at this time.  Many people have conflicting views.  Today is not about discussing controversial topics, however, or putting one another down or making someone feel uncomfortable at the table or criticizing one another.  

It's about enjoying each other's company and being grateful for our blessings that some people may be too unfortunate to experience.  

Ralph Waldo Emerson
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Growing up, I remember that Thanksgiving was a favorite holiday of mine.  We would eat lunch at my aunt's house and maybe visit a couple more relatives or friends afterward.  No matter where we went, every house we stepped foot in was a pleasant experience.  We would gather around the table, say a prayer, give thanks and dig in!  

The kids played video games inside after the meal or played together outside.  The adults were constantly laughing and no one was rarely sitting.  It was constant movement throughout the home, putting more food on our plates, (cooking more food on the stove!), greeting every one, laughing and partaking in cheery conversations.  

I think that's what Thanksgiving is about; love and a warm atmosphere that upholds our faith in humanity.  I am happy to be hosting Thanksgiving in my home this year and to have a chance to show my kids a loving Thanksgiving experience.

It's those little things and small moments that I am grateful to witness and that I hope my kids learn to appreciate.  For example, my daughter began unloading the dishwasher (not breakables) on her own without being asked.  My son ate all his vegetables on his plate recently at a dinner.  To a mother, these are beautiful moments!  

What are some little things you are thankful for today?  Please share, I'd love to hear it!


Happy Thanksgiving!















Pin it, tweet it or share it on Facebook!

Related Posts


http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/11/thanksgiving-recipes-tips.html

Autumn Centerpiece, Thanksgiving Table

Crafts, Autumn Crafts, Craft Hop
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers