I love the food flavors of fall including pumpkin, caramel, sweet potato and apples. My kids have been helping a lot this autumn season to create some tasty fall recipes. They love breakfast food so so we make a lot of breakfast dishes. One of their favorite foods to eat are waffles. Recently, we whipped up these tasty waffles in which we incorporated cinnamon applesauce. We used our mini waffle maker to cook the batter and added Halloween colored sprinkles.
Applesauce Waffle Recipe
If you or your kids enjoy eating waffles, too, try this recipe and let us know what you think. You can add less or more applesauce, depending on your taste preference. I think my daughter was happy with them as long as there were visible sprinkles! The amount of that is up to you, of course. Enjoy!
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cup flour (we used Brown Rice Flour)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup applesauce or cinnamon applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker and grease.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in egg and stir well.
- Add in applesauce and the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into waffle maker. Add sprinkles (optional), on top before closing the lid.
- Depending on your waffle maker, the waffles should be done within 2-3 minutes or when slightly golden brown.
Top with syrup, drizzle some caramel, whip cream or fruit...maybe some baked apple slices?
I added more sprinkles on top of the waffles just to make them more colorful for the pictures.
You can also try adding in large marshmallows in between two waffles for a marshmallow waffle sandwich! Place one large marshmallow on top of a waffle, warm in microwave for about 30 seconds until it expands, then top it with another waffle; no need for syrup!
This is like having dessert for breakfast so be sure not to overdo it on the sugar the rest of the day ;)
What do you like eating with your waffles?
This post may have been shared at these linky parties.
Lou Lou Girls
Wake Up Wednesday