Friday, October 9, 2015

DIY Fall Banner Wreath {#TBC Craft Hop}

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


Have you decorated your home for the autumn season?  We don't have much fall home decor up right  now but we have been making fall DIY craft projects.  I have mentioned before that I have a love for wreaths.  They are fun to create as I prefer DIY homemade wreaths but also, I think they are  an easy way to transition to the current season.  That is why for this month's #TBC Crafters Craft Hop, I am sharing a simple fall-themed wreath that is easy to make yourself and does not take much time.  It is actually one that I started last year for Christmas and did not use.  I decided to change it up to match the fall season.  I hope this inspires you to make one for your home, too!
 
Crafts, Autumn, Home Decor


What You Need:

  • Wooden wreath frame
  • Burlap ribbon
  • Craft pearls
  • Small-sized pumpkin decor
  • Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Crafts, Autumn, Home Decor

I removed everything off the wreath frame except for the craft pearls since I thought they would work nicely with the burlap lace ribbon as shown below. I had originally wrapped a string of pearls around the wreath, using hot glue to secure the beginning and the end to the back of the wreath.

The color on these pearls are off-white which I prefer for this project.  It gives it that more rustic look instead of bright white pearls.
Crafts, Homemade, Autumn

I cut triangles, (without cutting all the way through) on one piece of wide, burlap ribbon.  I then glued down each end of the ribbon across the wreath.

Pumpkin decor, Crafts, Burlap

I found a pack of these small, glitter pumpkins at Michael's last year for a dollar.  They are made out of Styrofoam so they are light and easy to work with.  I glued them down to one side of the wreath.


I love the pumpkins' colors and that they are covered in glitter to add some sparkle!


Finally, I took another piece of ribbon and attached it to the top, wrapping both ends over the wreath. I glued the ribbon together so that it can slide around in case I needed to adjust it.


Easy-peasy! 
 

Pumpkin Decor, Crafts, Home

What fall projects have you been working on?

Take a look below at all the other amazing craft projects in this month's #TBC Crafters Craft Hop!

Happy crafting!


For more blog posts from The Brand Connection crafters:
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to share!

This post may have been shared at these linky parties.


Mom's Small Victories

 

Related Posts


Easy Fall Decor Using Recycled Bottles

No Carving Pumpkin Decorating

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/10/fall-halloween-house-decor-and-wordless.html


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers