Friday, September 11, 2015

My Future Teen {Daughter Quote Printables}

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

Me to my 3 year old: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
3 year old: "Um, I don't know.  Oh, I know!  Go to the mall."

Oops.  I saw what I did there.  I asked the question wrong.  I also see what she's obviously becoming...a teenager!  My daughter is not actually a teenager but she is close!  The truth is that in two short weeks, my little three year old, my "threenager," will be turning four.  I wonder what types of conversation she will have at that age?  Until then,  I'm looking back at some memories today with her, reminiscing about the fun, goofy times she has provided in our lives so far.   If you have a little girl, as well, I created a few printables at the bottom with some quotes about daughters you  may like. 

 Three going on Thirteen

 

My Future Teenage Daughter 

Here are a few conversations that let me know she may be three going on thirteen ...or that she may be watching too many Barbie shows:

I overheard a phone conversation she was having on her Barbie phone recently.

Topic of discussion: Shoes

"So, what do you want to do today?
I like shoes.
Shoes are awesome.
So, do you want to go shoe shopping?
Okay, let's go.
That will be so awesome."

My thoughts: Sounds like it's going to be awesome.




Here's a conversation she was having in the car with her Monster High toys.

Topic of discussion: Cell Phones


"I like your phone.
Thanks, I like yours, too.
What type of phone is that?
Oh, it's a Monster High GPS phone.
What type of phone do you have?
Mine is a GPS Monster High phone."

My thoughts: My phone has a GPS in it.  Hmmm...there may be a slight chance I refer to my GPS way too much when I'm driving with her.


While she is playing in her room with some of her dolls, I overhear another phone conversation.  This time, it is between Barbie and Princess Jasmine.

Topic of discussion: Planning a Playdate





Barbie: "Hi, Jasmine, do you want to come over?  
Princess Jasmine: "Yes, let's hang out.
Barbie: "Do you have kids?  Because my kids want to play."
Princess Jasmine: "Um, yes, let me find one."  (Jasmine picks up another doll, the one with the blue hair and glasses).
Princess Jasmine: "Okay, got one.  We're coming."

My thoughts: I think Princess Jasmine just kidnapped someone's kid.

Yikes!  Like I said, she is going to be four but there are plenty of times when she talks and walks like a teen.  I still see her as the tiny baby girl I brought home from the hospital especially when she is sound asleep.

One of my favorite quotes she said to me this week that brought a big smile to my face was this:

Topic of discussion: Getting Old and Best Friends


"Mommy, when you get old, I'll still remember you.  I'll still call you my best friend.  And when you're really, really, super old, you'll still be my best friend, too."

My thoughts: Yay!

Let the countdown to four begin...


Free Daughter/Parenting Printables


Until then, here are a few of my favorite quotes/poems that I made as printables that you can print if you like:




What are some characteristics you love about your daughter or funny things she has said lately?  Share with us in the comments, tweet it or post it on our Facebook wall.  We'd love to hear it!


If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share!

This post may have been shared at these linky parties.



Oh My Heartsie Girl

Create with Joy WW

Fresh Mommy Blog 

Related Posts

 


Three year old, tantrums, parenting


http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-boo-had-boo-boo.html


http://bnadyn.hubpages.com/hub/Words-of-Wisdom-From-A-Mother-To-Her-Daughter



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers