Fall is almost here and now that September has arrived, that means cooler weather, leaves will start turning, pumpkins will be everywhere and Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner! Our family has a ton of activities we enjoy doing every year during this fall season. Some activities we are going to try to fit in are listed below and maybe you can try them, too.
Activities to do with pumpkins:
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Make a pumpkin dessert
- Use pumpkin in a dinner recipe
- Make pumpkin crafts
- Carve a pumpkin
- Decorate a pumpkin
- Decorate a shirt to look like a pumpkin face
Fall is a time when pumpkins pop up everywhere...in food, crafts, activities even on babies, children, adults and dogs! Pumpkin costumes are everywhere. One of the costumes my daughter likes to wear every fall when we visit the pumpkin patch is a pumpkin costume she's had for since she was a baby. She still wore it as a top and wearing pants under it. Unfortunately, the one in the photo below that she's been wearing year after year has now come apart. We're just going to buy her a new one this year.
Activities to do for fall:
- Rake leaves together
- Have a bonfire with s'mores and hot dogs
- Read books about fall
- Learn more about fall and why leaves on the tree change color
- Take fall family photos
- Decorate the house with a fall theme
- Trick-or-treating or trunk-or-treat
- Attend a fall festival
- Take pictures of leaves when they change colors
Activities to do for Thanksgiving:
- Celebrate Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving crafts
- Discuss what we're thankful for
- Write Thanksgiving notes to friends/family
- Read books about Thanksgiving
Fall Bucket List Printable
Here is a printable if you would like to print the activities out as a reminder:
What are your favorite activities to do during fall?
Have a beautiful September!
If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share!
This post was featured at
This post may have been shared at these linky parties.
Merry Monday Linky Party
Totally Terrific Tuesday Linky Party
Turn It Up Tuesday
This Momma's Meandering Mondays