Thursday, September 24, 2015

Birthday Letter to My 4 Year Old Daughter

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


I write a letter every year to my kids on their birthday.  I'm writing one today for my daughter who turned four. My son recently began reading all the ones I wrote for him by himself.  In a couple years, my daughter will finally be able to read the ones I wrote to her all on her own, as well.  I will be so happy when that day comes but that will mean she won't be so little anymore. Here's to another birthday, my little girl!


Dearest Bri Bri (her nickname she now enjoys being called):


Kids, Letter to Child
We got lucky and found this, a gift we picked up while we were at Legoland right before your birthday - a necklace with your nickname, Bri.

You have managed to do it again, to grow bigger and smarter every day and here you are at the age of four.  Just yesterday, you were three, a little "threenager."  It's been such a fun year spending time with you being three.  You were able to ask more interesting questions and you discovered a variety of activities you enjoy.  

Your Boyfriend...

You also found a boyfriend, "Daddy is my boyfriend" and you began saying, "Mommy's my best friend."  We had some of the best conversations this past year since you know how to speak so well and engage.  

Milestones...

Aside from talking so well, here are some other milestones you have reached:

You are more interested in learning your numbers and letters.  You are trying to read books on your own.

You constantly ask, "What's this spell?  A L Z O P T..." or you put together some other mixed combination of random letters..
You are writing letters and combining them.  You are attempting to spell which reminds me of your older brother and his early steps to writing and reading.  You're almost there!

You can count to ten but dislike 6 so you always skip it.  You told Daddy that your brother was 6 but now he is 7, hence, you no longer like the number 6.  I'm sure it makes all the sense in the world in that pretty little head of yours!

You are doing well in gymnastics and have been moved up in the past few weeks.  You have more dance moves that you made up.  It's always entertaining to see you dance.  
  
You are getting better at swimming and love the water.

You are doing preschool work and can usually do it on your own after I tell you the directions.

Your drawings are becoming more detailed and you call yourself an artist. 



Favorite toys and games:


Barbie, Monster High dolls, Ever After dolls, My Little Pony, Legos

Legos, Legoland, Blocks
Maybe one day you will be a future master builder.

Heartlake City, Legoland, Orlando
Heartlake City in Legoland.  These are your favorite type of Legos.

Favorite shows and movies:


Doc McStuffin, Monster High, Barbie, Hotel Transylvania, Rio, Book of Life

Playing doctor as Doc McStuffin.

Your favorite things to say:

  • "Awwkwaaard."
  • "That's awesome!"
  • "Bestest Daddy ever"
  • "Bestest Mommy ever"
  • "Mom, I can do it."
"I got my license...so I can drive now."

Your favorite responses when you don't want to do something:

  • "Because I don't want to."
  • "My brain told me not to."
  • "But it's too much."
  • "I don't like it."
  • "You don't loves me."
  • "I'll do (insert another option you come up with), deal?"
  • "But Brody (your brother) is not doing it."

 Favorite Food:

  • Chicken nuggets
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Cereal
  • Marshmallows
  • Graham Crackers
  • Cheese
  • Yogurt
  • Nutella sandwiches
  • Orange chicken

Favorite Things:

  • Sprinkles
  • Anything shiny
  • Lip balm
  • Jewelry
  • Mermaids 

I'm excited for our new adventures now that you are four and am curious to hear what conversations lie ahead. 
 
Happy birthday, little girl, cheers to a year older!

Love Always,

Mommy xoxoxoxo














This post may have been shared at these linky parties.

Home Matters Linky Party - Grab Button

  Friday Features Linky Party Oh My Heartsie Girl

 

 

 Related Posts



http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-future-teen-daughter-quote-printables.html




http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/09/baby-girl-is-3-letter-to-my-daughter-on.html








http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/09/baby-girl-is-3-letter-to-my-daughter-on.html


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory