Thursday, August 20, 2015

Upcycled Jewelry Holder

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


Something Borrowed...


Many household items can be reused and upcycled to create a fresh purpose for them; to turn something borrowed into something new! If you can redesign it to give it new life, then, why not, right?  My kids had this adorable metal penguin shower caddy for their bath tub but then, it became rusty and old.  I couldn't stand the thought of just disposing it because it was a shower caddy shaped like a cute penguin!  I felt it still had plenty of life in it.  I borrowed it for now, repainted it and found a new use for it as a jewelry holder.  It had a good amount of places to hang bracelets and necklaces along with the little shelves to place mini tea plates that I was already using to hold some rings and earrings.  

Recycled shower caddy, DIY, Home

Something Blue...


I decided to go ahead and bring this shower caddy back to life with a little bit of paint and a new place to hang it. 

What You Need:

  • I used acrylic paint since I already had it but you can use spray paint, too.  I would add a sealing coat and rust-proof coating afterward, as well.
  • Paint brush
  • Newspapers to keep the area clean and prevent paint from going everywhere
Directions:

  1. Paint the caddy the desired color, wait for it to dry completely.
  2. Seal to prevent from chipping and rusting.

DIY, Home Decor, Crafts

I placed these small tea ceramic tea plates and tea cups I was already using for jewelry onto the shelves for the earrings that couldn't hang.

Arts and Crafts, Recycle, Home

Something New...


I love this old shower caddy's new look and feel!  I think another beautiful thing about this upcycled piece is that it also doubles as decor on my bedroom wall. 

Green, Frugal, Eco-Friendly 

I like to believe that the penguin is happy to be able stay in our home! 

Do you have any ucycled projects you worked on lately?




If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share!

This post may have been shared at these linky parties.

Epic Mommy Adventures
Oh-My-Heartsie-Girls-WW

http://www.loulougirls.com/2015/08/lou-lou-girls-fabulous-party-73.html

 photo meanderingmondaybadge1014200x200_zps679d2e71.png

My Pinterventures
Sundays Down Under


Create Design Discover

 

Related Posts

 

  DIY Upcycled Frozen Pinata

Bottles and Jars: Simple Ways to Reuse Glassware

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/06/broken-crayons-reused-for-color-block.html

We would appreciate your vote! Click on the banner below, thank you :)

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers