Monday, August 31, 2015

Educational Comic Book for Kids

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


"My First Start Up"


My son has been telling me that he wants to have his own business.  He says that his biggest concern right now is deciding what kind of business it should be, claiming that his problem is that he wants to do so much.  "How do you choose, Mom?  I want to have a bakery and sell toys and video games but I also like hotels so maybe I want to own a hotel."  I am so proud of him and I know I'll be proud when he gets older,  no matter what he chooses to do.  There's a lot that goes into owning a business but I'm glad he has big dreams.  I recently found out about an awesome educational comic book for kids that I know my son will love to read, called, "My First Start Up" by the creators Russell, Andrey, and David.  They each are entrepreneurs whose biggest motivation for starting this comic book is to give kids what they wished they had when they were growing up.

Entrepreneurship, Innovations, Business

 A Comic Book for Kids to Inspire Innovation and Entrepreneurship 

 

The creators' goal is to inspire thousands of kids to pursue innovation and entrepreneurship.  I love that this is directed toward children and wish there was something like this when I was growing up, too.   

Here's what inspired the creators to start this project:


Kids - they're awesome! Today's kids are very tech savvy and full of ideas that can change the world. And the world is changing - but their education is not catching up. Let's turn kids' dreams into reality and build their own path towards a successful future with a comic book that teaches them about creating their first startup.

About the comic book:


The story follows two kids who each want to start their own business.  They are both faced with the common problems that startup founders encounter.  The story is explained in an engaging, practical and east to understand way for kids to follow.

 


The comic book received enthusiastic feedback from educational, parent and entrepreneurial organizations.  

There are several perks for backers and for a limited amount of backers, they are also including a custom comic book with 4 pages of story, cover, and a personal message from you for your child.

Wonderful children's gift idea

 

These comic books will make an amazing gift for children especially those who are interested in pursuing entrepreneurship!

To see the video about the comic book and for all the details about this project, head over to Kickstarter and check it out!

Is this something your child would be interested in reading?  What kind of entrepreneur ideas have you or your child had? I'd love to hear them!


If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share! 

This post may have been shared at these linky parties.

Related Posts

 

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-incredible-miss-vicky-inspiring.html
http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/08/childrens-book-evolutionary-tales.html


http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/07/personalized-childrens-books-giveaway.html


We would appreciate your vote by clicking on the banner below, thank you!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers