Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Back to School: My 7 Year Old Teacher

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


Lessons Our Kids Teach Us



The second I wake up to the second my kids fall asleep, questions are thrown at me left and right.  Kids are curious about everything and can ask a multitude of questions in one given day.  Many of the questions don't have logical answers like when my three year old asked me, "Mommy, can I get a pink kitty?" I tell her no, explaining that there are no pink kitties, causing more questions to ensue: "Why?  Can't we go to the pet store to see?  Maybe a different pet store will have different colored kitties like a pink one. Can you look online and find me a pink kitty, a real one?"

School, Parenting, Family

There are plenty of times, however, when they ask thought-provoking questions that cause me to think and actually learn something valuable while answering them.   As many of you may know, my son had a lot of preparations to make for this school year since it's a new school for him.  During the preparations and all the discussions we have had in the past months, I realized even more how much our children really teach us...with a little help from the movie, "Inside Out."  (Don't worry, I won't give too much away if you haven't seen it yet).



Learning from "Inside Out"

 

Pixar released a movie Inside Out featuring characters embodying human ...


It's a learning experience to be a parent and as parents, we are our kids first teachers.  Let's not forget that they have plenty to teach us, as well. When we watched the popular movie that came out a few months ago, "Inside Out," I appreciated the message that came across to remind us parents about the following:

  • Listen to our kids and acknowledge their emotions
  • Children are not mini adults 
  • Children are resilient
filmmakers and cast of inside out top inside out secrets

To read the full article, head over to Jacksonville Moms Blog.  

While you are there, take a look around at all the other helpful back to school posts!

Back to School Lessons from a 7 Year Old

The back to school lesson I cherish the most through our recent adjustment is this:

 

Children Can Be Great Teachers

 

It reminds me that when I jumped into this whole motherhood journey, my son has been running right along side of me, learning from me but also teaching me things that often blow me away. I am constantly learning something new from my kids, more than I thought I would. So even though I’m not heading back to school, I know my kids will be teaching me something new sooner or later!

Did you see the movie, "Inside Out?"  What's something you have learned from your kids?

By the way, here is a picture of our actual cat when she was a kitten.  She's clearly not pink but is real!

Wishing you all a great school year!













If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share!

This post may have been shared at these linky parties. 

Oh-My-Heartsie-Girls-WW

Small Victories Sunday Linkup. Share your 3 BEST posts, old or new, to inspire others to read, eat, create, live and blog well.

 Related Posts

 

  http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/08/back-to-school-thoughts-by-2nd-grader.html


 http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2015/08/back-to-school-questions-you-should-ask.html


















 Orkin Household Pests Blog App and Giveaway
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers