Cold Summer Treat That's Healthy and Tasty
Hello, June! Can you believe it is already June? The weather has been hot, hot, hot here in the sunshine state of Florida. That means it is time to think about what kinds of tasty, cold treats you will be having to stay cool! I am sure we will have plenty of rainy days to come, as well. The treat I'm sharing today is one that is perfect for a hot or rainy day whether you are stuck inside or enjoying the sun. Having cold treats does not mean they have to be unhealthy, however, especially if you are trying to maintain a healthy diet for your family like the tips I discussed with my post on the #ChobaniKids Project. This recent popsicle recipe I put together for my family is something I will be making this summer along with other flavors that I will be sharing with you all throughout these hot summer months. This homemade berry popsicle recipe is an simple recipe using natural ingredients to keep you cool and on the healthier side.
How to Make Easy Berry Popsicles
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Splash of lime or lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract, optional
- Wash all the fruit and remove the green leaves from strawberries.
- Place all the ingredients in blender and blend well.
- If you want chunks of fruit in popsicles (my kids won't eat it with chunks), then chop up some of the fruit into chunks and place them into popsicle molds.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until firm. Eat within the next couple days to prevent them from getting freezer-burn.
This recipe is very flavorful and refreshing, great for keeping cool this summer!
What are some of your favorite treats to eat over the summer?
If you found this post helpful, please share it! Thank you!
This post may have been shared at these linky parties.