Celebrate Dad with Boating
I was just talking to my family about going boating this summer. As a resident of Florida, I love the water. My kids, who also love the water, are excited to go since they have never been on a boat. The water evokes happy feelings and memories for me. A special memory I have on the water is when my husband and I went sailing on our honeymoon at one of our favorite places, St. Augustine, FL. I also remember the first time I went fishing and my dad and uncle was there. It has been a long time since spending much quality time with my dad and I think being on the water would be a sweet gift for Father's Day for any father. DiscoverBoating.com has plenty of boating videos, tips and insightful information on boating if you would like to spend time on the water for Father's Day or this summer without having to already own a boat.
***Thank you to Discover Boating for sponsoring today's discussion. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share brands and services that I believe will benefit and be of interest to my readers. Read my full Disclosure Policy.***
Boating and Making Memories for Father's Day
Many people find comfort and joy from spending time on the water especially if you share that time with those you love. I like the freedom, adventure and relaxation that being on the water can have. The water can also help create memories that stay with you like the man in this short film, "Good Run: A Boating Story." Grab the tissues for this one then come back here!
Did you get misty-eyed, too, after watching that? That film reminded me that life is about living and making memories. Father's Day is on June 21st. The weather will be warm and hopefully, sunny and clear skies. It would be the perfect time to bond with your dad, grandfather and family to make special memories together.
Here are some tips for spending the day on the water for Father's Day:
- Being on the water is a great way to connect by disconnecting. Unplug from technology that can distract you from spending quality time with those you are with by keeping your cell phones and tablets away.
- The water offers several activities that can offer something for everyone's interests. You can go fishing, wake boarding, tubing or just eat, relax and talk. Bring fishing poles and other gear you need for activities you would like to do.
- Plan and prepare: If you are looking forward to going on the boat for the first time or enjoying some water sports while out, research it beforehand so you will be more prepared. Explore different boats at DiscoverBoating.com to see what type of boat you should take on the water for the water activities you are planning.
- Bring food, drinks and sunscreen. Don't forget the life jackets!
- Bring a camera or video recorder to capture some special moments.
- Talk, laugh and enjoy one another's company. Talk about old memories you have while boating or being on the water. Talk about new things you would like to do together.
- Get lost in the moment! Let the wind and water carry you away for the day to make new memories that you can cherish for a long time.
About Discover Boating
Discover Boating is a national program to help people get on the water to experience the fun of boating. For those looking to get their feet wet, Discover Boating is an unbiased online resource packed with easy, interactive features on all things boating, including a boat selector guide, cost comparison tool, renting options, youth boating programs, education courses – even nautical lingo and how-to videos. Plus, Discover Boating offers tools and information for experienced boaters looking to learn more.
On Mother's Day, my family treated me to brunch at one of my favorite restaurants which is right by the water, then, afterward, we visited St. Augustine, FL and spent more time near the water. We are excited to actually go boating this summer and hopefully, for Father's Day.
Share your plans for Father's Day! What are your favorite boating memories? Who would you most want to spend a day on a boat with?
If you enjoyed this post, please share it, thank you!
This post may have been shared at these linky parties.
Epic Mommy Adventures