Here's a super simple and easy gift idea for Valentine's Day to give to friends, family, teachers and others: decorate a recycled glass jar and fill it with treats like chocolate-covered popcorn or chocolate-covered marshmallows! My daughter and I had fun making these and she inspired me to create them since she loves using sprinkles for everything including crafts. (Don't worry, she doesn't eat them once there's glue on it)!
Add Sprinkles to Recycled Glass Jars
Doesn't sprinkles make everything more fun? We think so, at least! We recycle our glass jars from pasta sauce, pickles, jam, etc. There are so many uses for them including to reuse them for food storage. We decided to decorate a couple of them for Valentine's Day so that we can store some treats we have been making this month.
What You Need:
- Clean glass jar
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Paint (to paint jar lid)
- Cover your area with newspaper or consider using a shallow pan like a baking sheet to place under the jars to catch the sprinkles.
- Let glue gun warm up, then write out the words you want to write on your jar. You can freehand this which is what we did or you can use a marker to write on the jar first, if you like.
- Immediately sprinkle the sprinkles on top of the hot glue before it dries. You can shake off any excess sprinkles and add more hot glue to any empty areas that you missed.
- Paint the lids and add the sprinkles before the paint dries.
- Allow everything to dry completely before adding in treats.
My daughter loves marshmallows so I decided to put a little chocolate on them for extra sweetness.
Easy gift idea! Valentine's Day Upcycled Glass Jars and Printables http://t.co/h3vIwvBQDj #valentinesdayCheck out a previous post for more fun and easy Valentine's Day Treat Ideas to fill these jars.
— Bernadyn Nettles (@BNadyn) February 11, 2015
Heart Cake Pops with Sprinkles
Throw in some heart cake pops into the jars for a table setting if you're having a party or a Valentine's Day dinner!
And there you have it, a really easy way to store or give out Valentine's treats.
What type of little gift ideas have you come up with? I'd love to hear them!
More Free Valentine's Day Printables
Here are some free Valentine's Day printables for you to use as cards or tags that go well with these sprinkle jars. Just click on the image to save and print ...
If you enjoyed this post, pin it and share, thank you!
This post may have been shared with these parties.
If you have a crafty post, we welcome you to share it with us!