Friday, January 30, 2015

Ask Away Friday with Cascia at Talbert Zoo

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

Getting to Know Cascia from Talbert Zoo

 

Am I glad it's Friday!  I'm joining in on the fun again with Ask Away Friday where bloggers exchange ten questions with one another and answer them on their own blogs.  It's a fun way to connect with other bloggers and learn more about each other.  This week, I have the pleasure of swapping with the amazing blogger, Cascia who blogs at Talbert Zoo.  She blogs about her family with five children, parenting, health and more!  She also runs the Healthy Moms Magazine that has tons of great health information.  There are lots of interesting things to read on her blog and in the magazine so don't forget to check it out!





What's #AskAwayFriday?

 

2015badge 

 

Ask Away Friday was created by Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom.  It's a great way to connect and get to know other bloggers.  You ask each other ten questions and answer the questions on your own blog. 

Time for Some Questions


Now, onto the questions Cascia asked me...

 About Blogging and Your Blog


1. When did you start blogging?

I started in May 2012

 2. Why did you start your blog? 

I wanted a place to share my parenting adventures for my kids to be able to see one day all the fun, crazy and messy things that happen in our family and to help inspire other parents, too.  I want to show them that parenting is rewarding but we all have our good and bad days.  It was also my creative outlet and still is. 

 3. I notice that you share a lot of recipes. What one is your favorite?

Yes, last year, I started sharing more food posts since I enjoy cooking much more now.  My favorite recipe that I've posted would be the Banana Neapolitan Oreo Ice Cream!


Dessert, Summer dessert


About your family


4. You discussed how you met you husband.  Valentine's Day is coming up, what is one thing about your husband that made you fall in love with him? (you can write about more if you like)

I think it was first his easy-going personality and that he made it easy to be around him since he was kind, charming and funny. 

 5. What is one thing about each of your kids that makes them special or unique?

For my son, I'd have to say how inquisitive he is...too much, sometimes, haha.  He lives in a world where "what if" comes before everything and his curiosity sometimes makes me start questioning how I perceive things, too! I think this is why he has a hard time falling asleep many nights because his brain won't shut off.

For my daughter, she is so sweet and caring...which makes it hard at times to be upset with her when she does something wrong!  She always makes sure other people are feeling okay even the cat.  When she gets hurt like accidentally slips or falls down, she apologizes!  She is obsessed with Doc McStuffins and has the doctor kit, doctor's coat and other toys of Doc McStuffins.  She says she's going to be a doctor and I can see that happening with how much she likes to take care of others.

 6. Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have a cat named, "Katniss" who is like my 3rd child!  She follows me everywhere and cuddles with me.  She's sitting here right now as I type this with her body halfway on my keyboard!



The picture above is probably the 2nd or 3rd day being with us...we couldn't find her for several hours and we finally thought to look under the pillow!



Here she is sleeping on our couch...



Then, of course, during the holidays, she discovered how fun it was to hang out in the Christmas tree! 


About your career goals


7. I noticed that we both have similar career goals. Currently, I am in the process of writing my first book. What made you decide to want to publish a book?

Yes, we do, that's awesome!  I've always enjoyed writing so publishing a book has been a dream of mine for awhile now.

8. Describe what your first book is going to be about.

Right now, I'm working on a cookbook with our favorite recipes but also it's a parenting book that includes light parenting tips and fun stories we want to share from our family experiences.

9. Besides writing a book are there any other career projects or goals you have set for yourself?

Yes, I do have a few: I'd love to work in the publishing industry, become an editor or even a literary agent, I think that would be amazing to work with other authors and help them out.  I would also eventually love to have my own magazine one day and let my kids help run it when they're older; something to work on with them, build and pass on if they want to continue it.

10. What goals do you have set for your blog? How do you see it a year from now?

I would like to connect with more bloggers and readers this year.  I noticed a huge difference and improvement with my blogging when I decided to do that more last year.  It's been fun and makes blogging worth while!  I learned more and picked up on a lot from just the past several months of connecting with others.  When I first started blogging, I didn't really know what to do with it after a post was published but last year, I read more blogs, began engaging with others and made an effort to learn as much as I could about social media, SEO, designing and everything that goes into maintaining a blog. 

A year from now, I hope to learn even more about blogging and to share it with others to help them and hopefully, my blog can collaborate with more brands and people to help them with their businesses, books, etc.  

Join #AskAwayFriday


Thank you, Cascia for the awesome swap and great questions!  Be sure to check out Cascia at Talbert Zoo and see how she answered my questions.  Join in on the fun swaps for Ask Away Friday by joining us on our Facebook group page and sending out a buddy request.  Let me know if you'd like to swap, too!

What's some blogging goals you have this year?  I'd love to hear them!

Happy Friday!














This post may have been shared at these parties.

 Related Posts

 

Ask Away Friday Love and Marriage Edition
Ask Away Friday with Stacey at This Momma's Ramblings
#AskAwayFriday with Megan at The Patchwork Paisley

 


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers