Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ideas for DIY Homemade Holiday Cards

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles
 
Do you give out Christmas cards?  I think receiving Christmas cards in the mail is still a wonderful way to send someone holiday greetings.  Hand delivering them or placing them with a Christmas gift is also a sweet way to give them out.  My family mailed out our cards last week.  We bought some pre-made ones but I also helped my kids make their own Christmas cards this year with paint, glitter and Sharpie markers. 

Christmas cards

We had some blank cards lying around that are for weddings or super fancy occasions but you can use other heavy stock paper to make yours.  We also had a pack of Sharpies that were gold, bronze and silver colored.  My daughter loves paint so we included some of this blue color on some of the cards, too.


Christmas cards, greeting cards

I tried to practice my art skills, haha, I'm no artist but I had fun making these little doodles...

Christmas cards

Then, my kids sprinkled on some glitter.  They also used some old holiday sugar sprinkles for these designs. 

Christmas cards, greeting cards


We used these sponge-type paint brushes to create the circular paint spots on the cards.The paint can look like snow, a snowman or ornaments.  Get creative and use glitter to add some sparkle to your cards!

Christmas cards, greeting cards

We used cookie cutters to trace these circle and bell shapes.  We used glue to stick on the glitter.




If you don't want to free hand the writing like I did, you could also use stencil for the letters.


I love keeping Christmas cards we receive and displaying them for Christmas.  This year, we strung them up on a garland on our wall.

What do you like to do with your Christmas cards you receive?

If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share, thank you!

Happy holidays!




This post may have been shared at these parties.

Related Posts

 More Holiday-related posts you will love...

Holiday Potato Recipe, Christmas Recipe

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/12/diy-homemade-christmas-kids-crafts-and.html

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/12/holiday-gift-guide-gift-ideas-for.html

 

Click on the banner to vote, we appreciate it.  Thank you!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers