Friday, November 7, 2014

#AskAwayFriday with Julie at Velvet-Rose

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

#AskAwayFriday with Julie at Velvet-Rose

 

Once again, it's time for another Ask Away Friday!  This awesome blogger activity is where two bloggers exchange a set of ten questions with one another to learn more about the other person and for the readers to get to know us better, too.  You can learn more about Ask Away Friday through the Ask Away Friday Facebook page.  Introduce yourself and send out a #BuddyRequest to start swapping.  



 Meet Julie at Velvet-Rose


This week, my buddy is Julie who blogs at Velvet-Rose.    Julie just had a baby so I wanted to congratulate her and her hubby for the new bundle of joy in their life!  She blogs about her general life, career and new adventures in parenthood.  She also kept us up to date about her pregnancy, some of the things she went through and products she bought.  I love that she shared her experiences and thoughts about pregnancy since you never know what other women in similar situations can learn when we hear one another's stories.  She also blogs at Chapter Break where it's all about books so if you're a book worm like me, go check that out, as well!  

Now, onto the questions...

1. What is your favorite season and why? I love fall because of Thanksgiving, Halloween and my daughter's birthday and my daughter are during this season.  Also, the weather gets a little cooler which I look forward to after the scolding hot summers here in Florida. 

2. What is your favorite activity to do with your children? Spending a day with them at the beach or movies and snacks at home. 

3. Does your family have any holiday traditions, or are there any
traditions you want to start?
We do have a Christmas tradition we started last year where we give the kids a gift for the 12 days leading up to Christmas.  The gifts are meant for the family to share as an activity, such as giving the kids a gingerbread kit as a gift and then we can all work on it together.

4. If you were to take over someone's life for a day (Quantum Leap
style), who would it be and why?
Oh, this is a tough one!  So many to choose from but I think it would be incredible to take over J.K. Rowling's life for a day.  I think that would make for an interesting and memorable day!

5. Do you watch movies multiple times (not including children's
movies)?
If so, what movie have you watched over and over? Yes, I love re-watching movies I love.  Some of them are The Wedding Planner, Mean Girls, 27 Dresses, Pitch Perfect, Bridesmaids, Confessions of a Shopaholic and Something Borrowed.

6. Tell us about your favorite TV show.
  I love watching "Once Upon A Time."  It has the fairy tale characters but with a modern twist and shows what happens when fairy tales don't always come true.  The show creates understandable reasons why the villains are how they are, the circumstances that made them evil..  It also shows that the princesses and prince go through trials, as well.  It's entertaining and gets more interesting as each of the character's story continues.

7. What is your most hated household chore? 
Cleaning the bathroom!

8. What is your favorite movie based on a book? Did you read that book?
This is another tough one!  I can't pick just one so I have a few I can think of right now: Hunger Games is one of them and I read all the books.  Confessions of a Shopaholic and I did read the book and the rest of it from that series, very funny books.  I also loved the movie, Something Borrowed and I read the book for that.  I like a lot of the Nicholas Sparks movies such as The Notebook although, I haven't read that book yet.  Dear John is another one and I did read the book.  Sorry, I couldn't pick just one!

9. If someone visits your town, what tourist destination do you tell
them they must see?
I would say Riverside area of our town because it has the Cummer Museum and Gardens, Historic Five Points, a movie theater, Sun-Ray Cinema, parks, restaurants and shopping areas.  It's charming and has a lot of unique places and it also has the river there and a good view of downtown.


10. Share one thing you learned about yourself from blogging. 
I think one of the big things I learned about myself is that I was actually able to maintain a web site and develop the skills to continue to maintain it.  If I didn't have a blog, I don't think I would have learned to do that but am so glad that I did.  I'm still learning so much but I know I've come a long way.


Thanks so much for the questions, Julie!  Don't forget to visit Julie at her blog at Velvet-Rose to see how she answered my questions and take a look around at some of her posts.  

Wishing you all a happy weekend!

 











 Related Posts


See more #AskAwayFriday posts below...

#AskAwayFriday with Jenessa at Mothering in Real Life

#AskAwayFriday with Ana at Our Blended Marriage

#AskAwayFriday with Tia at BecominNeurotic 

 

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers