Friday, October 31, 2014

#AskAwayFriday with Jenessa at Mothering in Real Life

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

#AskAwayFriday with Jenessa at Mothering In Real Life


 

It's Halloween and another Friday, two things I'm happy about today!  It's time for #AskAwayFriday which is when two bloggers exchange a set of 10 questions that each one answers on his or her own blog.  It's a great way to get to know other bloggers.  This week, my buddy is Jenessa who blogs at Mothering in Real Life.  I've swapped with Jenessa before but today, our theme is Halloween/Fall/Thanksgiving.  
 

Meet Jenessa at Mothering In Real Life

Mothering {in Real Life}

If you don't already know Jenessa or haven't visited her blog site yet, you should definitely go check it out!  Jenessa has a beautiful family, three children and her hubby.  She shares some stories about their life, parenting and her battle with depression.  I find her posts inspiring to read and like her blog name says, she is open and real about motherhood and the chaos of life, good and bad which you can see in posts like this one: To the Women Ahead of Me at the Grocery Counter. 


Now, onto the questions...

1. What is your favorite thing about fall?  I'm going to group this together as one thing but pretty much all the events that go on in the fall: Halloween, fall festivals, my birthday and Thanksgiving.

2. If you could change one thing about the fall season, what would it be? I would like to change the weather here in Florida during fall since it doesn't get as cool as other places.

3. Do you decorate for Halloween? Share some pictures of your Halloween decorations.  Yes, we do especially this year because we were lucky to get a box of Halloween decorations from Dollar Tree to do as a review.  Here's some pics:

Pumpkins, home decor, fall decor







Trick or Treat sign, DIY, Fall Crafts
Home Decor, DIY, Fall Decorating


Owls, Home Decor, Spider Webs

This post has our Halloween decorations from last year.

4. What are your children going to dress up as for Halloween this year? Do you buy or make your costumes?  This year, my son is a clone trooper from Star Wars and my daughter is Anna from Frozen.  So far, I haven't made any for the kids and have only bought them since this month is usuaslly so busy for us.  If they get older and want a specific costume that isn't available anywhere to buy, I would probably try to make it for them.

 
5. Do you or your husband dress up? If so what are you planning to be this year? Are you willing to share some pictures of past costumes?   A couple weeks ago we went to a Halloween party and at the last minute, decided to dress up as our high school selves, only he dressed as me and I dressed as him.  We were impressed that my high school shirt actually fit him (barely, haha).  Tonight, I would like to try to dress up as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.





I forgot about this picture from several years ago where we did dress up.  He was Joker and I was Alice from Alice in Wonderland. 



6. I would love to see some older Halloween pictures of your kids. What have they dressed up as in previous years?  For a few years, my son dressed up as Spider Man.  He was a lion when he was a baby and the year afterward, he was Hulk.  My daughter last year was a pumpkin and the year before that, she wanted to wear her brother's old Hulk costume.

Our son on Halloween when he was 2.



Our daughter's costume last Halloween when she was 2.

7. What are your 5 favorite Halloween/Fall pins right now on Pinterest? 
Shape chicken wire into ghostly figures and spray paint with glow in the dark paint. Genius!...If you could put them on an automotive device that could make them sway back and forth while not being seen, that would be really creepy
Here’s a #Halloween treat that you can literally put together in a couple of minutes. You only need 2 ingredients to pull it off – Reece’s cups & pretzel sticks. Simply turn a fun-sized Reece’s cup upside down & stick a pretzel stick down the middle  Ta-da!  All done.  Cant get much simpler than that!...  {read more}

Voodoo Doll Cookies
Annual Pumpkin Carving Competition #pumpkincarving #halloween
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/ca/82/f4/ca82f4934d6f655a285328fba4d8bb8d.jpg


8. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I'm not sure yet but most likely either get together at my house or my parent's house. 


9. Do you have a favorite fall recipe? I have this apple crumb cake recipe that I love to make during the fall.  I haven't made it in awhile so I don't have any photos of it yet.  Hope to have that posted soon!

10. What is your favorite scary/horror movie? I don't think I actually have a favorite for a horror movie but for Halloween movies I have to watch every year, it's "Hocus Pocus" and "Nightmare Before Christmas."

11. Bonus Question: If you were in a horror movie, would you survive until the end and why? Yes, I believe I would!  I know to run in the opposite directions from the killer, not to go down the basement, not investigate what's making the noise in the other room, not to tease the supernatural and I won't hesitate to kill the zombie.  I'm also very quiet and my kids still have no clue where my hiding place is in our house.  They never find me when we're playing hide and seek!  

Here's some other rules I found that may help to survive, too:




http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/millistlouie


What a fun swap, thanks for the questions, Jenessa!  Now, head over to her blog and see how she answered my fall and Halloween questions.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AskAwayFriday/?ref=br_tf 
 
Join Ask Away Friday on Facebook to join in on the fun!  Send a #Buddyrequest to swap questions. 

Be safe and have a Happy Halloween!















This post may have been shared at these parties.

Related Posts



#AskAwayFriday with Ana at Our Blended Marriage

#AskAwayFriday with Tia at BecominNeurotic

#AskAwayFriday with Saving Everyday with Sonya K.


I would appreciate your vote by clicking on the banner below, thank you! 


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers