Friday, September 26, 2014

Butterfly & Cupcake Nutella Sandwiches & Bird's Nest Breakfast

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

Cupcake and Butterfly Nutella Sandwiches

 

Breakfast, Nutella, cookie cutter

My kids are constantly inspiring me to create fun, kid-friendly snacks.  Recently, my little girl has been asking to have her crusts removed off of her bread for her sandwiches.  (This is something my son used to do at her age and he was over it but sometimes goes back to asking since she asks to have it removed from hers).  Instead of removing the crusts, I now use cookie cutters to make shapes for the bread like cupcake and butterfly shapes.  After all, shapes are more fun to eat, right??  See below for what happens to the rest of the bread!

How to make cupcake and butterfly Nutella Sandwiches



The recipe is pretty simple as you can imagine!  


  1. Use a cupcake and butterfly-shaped cookie cutter (I found these at Wal-Mart and JoAnn Craft Store).  Press the cookie cutter down into one slice of bread and carefully remove the cookie cutter and the indention should come out easily.  Be careful not to tear the shape.
  2. Repeat with another slice of bread.
  3. Gently spread Nutella on both slices and place them together.
  4. Ta-da!  You have a Nutella sandwich that your kids will have fun eating.
These little sandwiches are great for afternoon snacks and to bring on picnics to the park.


Now, of course I didn't want to waste any part of the bread so the outer part that was removed, I used them to make Bird's Nest for breakfast the next day.  I store them in a tight container in the fridge and use within a few days or put it in the freezer to last longer.  

You can also use them for croutons and other recipes that need bread or bread crust.

 

Bird's Nest Recipe 


  1. I used flower-shaped cookie cutters before for the kids' sandwiches so my bird's nest in these photos are flower-shaped bird's nest.  
  2. I put the stove on medium-heat, added butter to the pan, put the bread slice inside and cracked an egg open into the hole.
  3. You can add seasoning, fresh herbs, cheese, etc.
  4. The kids don't like much seasoning so I just put a little salt and on some of them, I used shredded cheese.  My kids also like it with a little bit of cinnamon on the bread.
  5. Flip the slice over after a couple minutes.  Check after a minute or two, and see if the egg is done on the other side.  They shouldn't take too long to cook.

Next, we're going to mix Nutella with melted marshmallows, another favorite food choice of my daughter's!  I'll post that soon so be sure to check back!

What fun recipes do your kids like to do with their bread?


Have a fun weekend!











 

                                    

                                      Where I Party

 

This post was shared here: 


and may have been shared at these parties.



Related Posts

 

Here are more Nutella recipes and other kid-friendly, easy recipes you'll love...

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/08/easy-cold-no-bake-summer-treats.html

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/05/brownie-or-cupcake-flourless-nutella.html 

 http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/05/brittle-made-with-nutella-and.html

  http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/03/bring-on-rainbow-for-st-patricks-day.html

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers