Written by, Bernadyn Nettles
Cream Cheese Mints
It is only a few short weeks until fall officially starts so I wanted to get this post up for these beach shell cream cheese and strawberry mints before summer is officially over! These are so easy to make and they make a big batch!
Cream Cheese Mints Perfect for Party Favors and GiftsThese yummy cream cheese mints are perfect for giving away as:
- party favors/goodie bags
- treats for a party
- gifts for Christmas
I originally saw a cream cheese mint recipe on Pinterest, (of course, I love Pinterest) and thought it was an interesting idea to try. You can find it here. I love that she placed the mints in jars, an awesome idea!
Recipe for Beach Shell Cream Cheese Mints
8 oz cream cheese, softened
5-6 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp peppermint extract
2-3 drops of blue food coloring or whatever color you would like for your shells!
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (you can also use wax paper). Tape it down to keep it from moving.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peppermint extract with an electric mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar until the consistency is similar to cream cheese frosting. Beat until stiff peaks form and remains stiff even after mixer stops. Add more powdered sugar if necessary. I had to add more to make it thicker.
- Add drops of food coloring and continue to mix, adding more drops until you get the color you want.
- Use a piping/pastry bag and a star tip, 16 or 21, to make the shell and star shapes. Hold the bag straight up at a 90 degree angle onto the parchment paper.
- Let them sit out for about an hour. Afterward, I stored mine in a closed container in the freezer.
I decided to make these mints into a beach shell shape since I made them during the summer. I used this light aqua color to embrace the summer colors, too. The cool minty flavor was a nice, fresh taste.
I think these mints would work well for various occasions, including:
- The holidays: gifts in jars, tins, small party bags or to serve in a candy bowl or small tray
- Weddings: placed in small jars/baby jars, tulle for party favors
- Frozen party theme (something I want to make for my daughter's upcoming birthday) It would work perfect for a party favor idea with peppermint, a light blue color shaped more like snowflakes or stars.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Mints
We love strawberry-flavored anything in my house ...my little girl ate this up after she realized what they tasted like!
Recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Mints
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp pure strawberry extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
Optional: You can try to use strawberry cream cheese instead of plain.
Same as Beach Shell Cream Cheese Directions.
I'll be making these again soon for my little girl's Frozen-themed birthday since she loves them so much so look out for that post!
Have you tried cream cheese mints? What other ideas would you use these for?
If you enjoyed this post, please pin it and share!
This post may have been shared at these parties.