Saturday, July 26, 2014

Liebster Award

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles



Sharing the Liebster Award





I have some exciting news to share today!  I feel blessed to have been nominated for the Liebster Award and that made my day! 
 

I have heard about the Liebster Award awhile back but I didn’t know what it was until now when I was nominated for it (by Susen from Dabbling Momma).  I finally did some research in order to get a better understanding of what the Liebster Award is -  It’s an on-line award passed on from blogger to blogger of his or her choosing to recognize up and coming bloggers.  It has been around for a few years now.  There is a lot of information out there posted by other bloggers and apparently, the rules have changed since the first one was passed along.  No matter what the varying rules are, the general idea remains the same:  Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you, nominate other bloggers who you feel deserve this award who are new to blogging and give them your own questions to answer.  (The specific rules that I'll be following and that I'm passing on to my nominees are found below).   

I see this award as a positive recognition of a blog and an opportunity to share the positive vibes by nominating others.

 The Rules of the Liebster Award

 


  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
  • Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post. 
  • Go to their page and let them know!
  • No tag backs!


 Thank You for the Nomination! 

 

Susen, from Dabbling Momma, nominated me for the Liebster Award and I am thrilled!  Susen has a wonderful blog where she shares crafts and activities for children since she is inspired by her two little ones.  She also shares ways she keeps things in her home organized, which I know can be a big task when you have young kids running around!  I think her sensory activities for children are so fun and creative, too.  Be sure to check it all out especially if you have your own small children.  

Thank you, Susen, for passing this award on to me and it means so much to know that in one way or another, my blog was able to leave an impression on you.  That is what I have come to love about blogging these past few months since I became more attached to my blog and decided to grow it more - the fact that us bloggers can reach out to one another, learn and inspire each other and make blogging feel like a tight-knit community where we all are in it together.


Now, onto answering the questions given to me...


Questions for this Liebster Award by Susen


1. What do you love most about blogging?  It gives me the opportunity to be able to embrace and do everything I love all in one place; write, share recipes, crafts and our family experiences while gaining inspiration from other bloggers, too.
2. What is your favorite season?  Fall since it gets just a teensy bit cooler here in Florida ...and my birthday and Halloween happens during this season!
3. If you could play any sport which would it be?  Swimming since I get to stay in the cool water!
4. What is your favorite topic to blog about?  Right now it is a tie between food and our family adventures.
5. What is your favorite day of the week and why?  For now, Thursdays because that's the day my hubby is off and we can all spend the day together.
6. Name one thing on your bucket list, if you have one?  Visit every state in the USA at least once.
7. If you could choose to have dinner with anyone who would it be?  J.K. Rowling
8. What is your favorite vacation spot?  St. Augustine, FL since I have so many fond memories there as a child and as an adult.
9. Do you prefer ice-cream or frozen yogurt?  Homemade ice cream
10. What is your favorite board game? Scrabble since I'm in love with words.
11. If you could have one super power, what would it be? To be able to erase memories and create memories. 

My Liebster Award Nominees

Who did I nominate?  There were so many people to choose from whose blogs I adore and who inspire me but I could only pick 11.  Many of the bloggers I love looked like they had a big following and are not new to blogging so I wasn't able to nominate them.  The hard part for me with this award was trying to figure out the number of followers a blog has ...so I'd like to say now that I'm sorry for not knowing if I got it wrong!  

 For those I did nominate, your blogs have inspired me so even though you may not want to participate with this award, just know that I think you deserve the recognition!  With that being said, of course you don't have to participate if you choose not to because it can be time-consuming and maybe you have already been nominated before. 

Here are my nominees:
Marilyn @ Marilyn's Treats 
Frank & Ana @ Our Blended Marriage
Annette @ Fiber Artsy

Questions for my Nominees

 1. What is the most important thing you've learned from blogging?

2. Where do you see your blog in five years?

3. What's your dream travel destination (a place you have never been)?

4. What's your favorite book and why?

5. What's your favorite recipe?

6. What's your biggest dream and would you pursue it or are you currently pursuing it?

7. What's your biggest fear?  Why?

8.  What is one talent you wish you had?

9. What fictional character (from a book, movie, game, etc.) would you most want to be and why?

10. If you could choose anyone, who would you want to spend an entire day with?

11. What is something that not many people know about you that you don't mind sharing?

 

I hope you all can accept this Liebster Award!  I think it's a great opportunity to extend and share something that illustrates a positive influence that comes from blogging.  Please remember to link back to this post so I can see all your answers.  Enjoy and have fun!  Thanks again, Susen and to all my nominees for sharing your inspiration and creativity with others.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers