Written by, Bernadyn Nettles
A User-Friendly Blog Can Mean More Traffic
As I'm learning more and more this year about blogging and finding ways to improve my own blog, I want to continue to share with others what I learn, as well. Today, I want to talk about making your blog more user-friendly. A user-friendly blog that is easy to navigate will be more likely to keep your readers on your page and keep them coming back. As many of you know, you only have mere seconds to capture a reader’s attention and people who read posts and articles on the internet usually skim through them. Do not lose readers with a cluttered blog that is difficult to read or navigate. A visually-appealing blog may make the difference whether your readers stay or leave.
A few tips to make your blog user-friendly
- Create tabs and pages at the top that are clear and easy to click through.
- Have a search box and be sure it is easy to find. A good idea is to post it on the sidebar toward the top instead of at the bottom. Make it easy for readers to find what they are looking for instead of spending time searching for the search box.
- Make it easy for others to contact you. Make sure you have an “About Me” or “About Us” and “Contact” page. These do not have to be separate pages. Post this in a separate page/tab that is easy to find. Include your contact information, which usually consists of your e-mail address and if you like, your business number and business address. It is also a good idea to include your links to your social media sites on this page for easy access for people to connect with you.
- Include these same links to your social media sites where it is quickly visible elsewhere on your blog, preferably in the side bar, top or center top of your blog.
- Make your site as easy on the eye with your blog’s appearance. Avoid a cluttered look with too much going on in the homepage. Stick with consistent colors as much as possible for the current design of your blog.
What are some tips you have to make your blog user-friendly?
If you enjoyed this post, please share, thank you!
This post was featured at: