Friday, July 11, 2014

Bucket List for Summer 2014 and Chick-Fil-A Family Fun Night

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

See our bucket list at the end of this post.

 

Chick-Fil-A Family Fun Night


One thing I love about my city (and places near my town), are all the fun, family-friendly events that go on around town which is something we've been trying to take advantage of all summer.  The best part is when they are free or inexpensive!  This week Chick-Fil-A wanted to thank its customers by putting on a family fun night at Orange Park Mall.  My kids loved it since it was a snow day/winter in July theme...which meant ....

Tall ice slide at the Chick-Fil-A Family Fun Night at Orange Park Mall
there was an ice slide with real ice!

Walking up the ice slide...

I think he realized how far down the slide actually was!  He was fine, though and landed safely.  He did let go but was able to still sit inside without toppling over.  I didn't get a chance to take a photo of him going down because I got a little nervous after I saw him let go and didn't have time to snap any shots!
  
I shouted to him, "Hold on to her tight!"

It scared me to death to see my little two-year-old go down it because other kids were falling out and losing slippers, screaming and were getting a little shaken up after the drop!

Her smile is saying, "That slide was nothing, I'm a big girl now!"
 
She ended up being just fine since Daddy held on to her tight and from the smile on her face afterward, I knew she was thrilled to slide down the ice like her big brother. 

 

She was more thrilled, however, that this winter-themed party included her favorite characters from her current favorite movie, "Frozen." 



Her facial expression looks like she's hiding it but what she's really screaming in her head at this photo opp moment is, "OMG, this is the best day ever!!!"
She's thinking to herself, "I will remain calm.  It's just my favorite characters...EVER!"

Olaf was pretty excited to be there, too!
She's thinking, "OMG, it's Elsa!  I know I look calm right now but I'm singing, "Let It Go" while hugging you!"
The evening showers rolled in before we got to see the movie characters.  It began to storm so we headed inside for awhile.  After a little bit, it calmed down so we went back out to enjoy the rest of the night.


Luckily, the rest of the evening was rain-free.

Thank goodness the storm passed, leaving more comfortable and cooler weather.


There were several fun, interactive activities throughout the evening and lots of chances to win mini stuffed Chick-Fil-A cows:
  • There were multiple singing contests, which hubby took part in and won a mini cow.  
  • Dance contests which my son enjoyed and hubby won another cow! 
  • Chick-Fil-A trivia questions
  • Chick-Fil-A food and drinks
  • Bounce houses
  • An opportunity to explore the fire truck



They threw down several mini cows for the guests to catch.  By the end of the night, I think we ended up with at least eight of those cows! 

Taking photos of the event.  
Of course, the Chick-Fil-A cow was there to represent!
She kept stomping around in the puddles the rain left behind. 

Overall, it was a fun night and who can argue with free events where they serve free food, free drinks, free character meet and greets and free fun??  Did I mention, I appreciate free?  

There's lots more free and inexpensive events that we're lining up to attend this summer before Brody returns to school so be sure to subscribe to my posts via email in the side bar to join us on these adventures.  I love having you here and sharing our experiences with you!


**This is NOT a sponsored post and is in not affiliated with the brand Chick-Fil-A.**


Here are more family fun activities that my kids graciously suggested...can you tell?  Maybe you'll find some ideas you would like to do, too.  We've been able to check off a lot of them on here and may add more as we continue our summer adventures.



 


What's on your summer bucket list?



 Related posts:

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/06/summer-indoor-and-outdoor-activities.html
http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/06/bring-on-summer-2014.html
http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/07/brody-and-brielles-2014-summer.html

You may love these delicious, cold summer treats:


http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/06/banana-oreo-neapolitan-ice-cream.html

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/06/bs-homemade-strawberry-ice-cream.html

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/07/vanilla-pretzel-m-ice-cream.html


 

 

 






Sharing with:

Say G'Day SaturdayIf you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers