Written by, Bernadyn Nettles
I have been making more homemade ice cream and am probably growing an addiction to them now! I think that's okay, though, since it's getting much warmer out and summer is going to require cold treats to help us get through those really hot days.
One of my favorite flavors of homemade ice cream I also made was the Banana Oreo Neapolitan Ice Cream which I suggest you try if you want to try something different but still tasty.
Strawberry is a classic flavor for ice cream and I think this was great, hopefully not too overwhelming with strawberry flavor...I was in the mood for strawberries so I thought it came out tasty... but give it a try and let me know!
Ingredients to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup strawberries, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup, optional
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chill mixing bowl and electric beaters in fridge for 15-20 minutes
- Remove bowl and beaters from fridge and pour heavy whipping cream into bowl. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and stir in gently on low speed.
- Add in pureed strawberries, strawberry syrup and vanilla extract.
- Fold in chopped strawberries, if using them.
- Pour into freezer-safe container and cover. Let freeze overnight or for several hours.
No Ice Cream Machine Needed
Let ice cream sit out until soft enough to serve. For strawberry-lovers, this should be a fresh, delicious treat to cool you off on a hot summer day. Serve in an ice cream cone or bowl, enjoy!
You might also like:
Linking up with: