Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Breakfast Nachos

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

  

I rarely eat any type of chips and seldom eat nachos nowadays since I try to eat healthier.  This is the perfect dish, for me, however, when I am craving nachos...especially, in the morning!  I can't remember exactly when my hubby and I decided to create this dish - maybe I was pregnant with my first child, who knows?  That timing sounds about right!  I do know that sometimes, we just throw things together when we're craving certain flavors and this was one of those dishes that we decided to make on a whim. 



Ingredients for Breakfast Nachos:



  • Bowl of tortilla chips - you can use corn or flour, whichever you prefer.
  • 3 large eggs, scrambled
  • 1 cup ham or sausage, sliced or 2-3 slices of bacon,cut (or add them all!)
  • 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
  • 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup green bell peppers, cut in cubes
  • 1/2 cup red peppers, cut in cubes
  • 1/2 cup red onions, cut in cubes or circles, optional - I just really like red onions!
  • 1/4 cup green onions
  • 1 tbsp cilantro leaves
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheese, whichever kind you prefer or I also like to use feta cheese
  • Your favorite salsa, to taste
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • Salt, to taste
  • A splash of hot sauce, optional


 

Instructions to Make Breakfast Nachos:



  1. Cook scrambled eggs and any other meat you are adding.
  2. I prefer to cook the red onions, too, with the eggs for this recipe but to keep the other vegetables in this dish raw.
  3. Place tortilla chips in bowl, add eggs, other meat, vegetables, seasoning and hot sauce, if you desire.  Mix lightly and then add salsa and cheese. 
Serving: 2 people

You can even just lay out all the ingredients in separate bowls after the eggs and other meat are cooked, then just have everyone plate their own dishes to choose what they want to add.  This can be a nice brunch dish or breakfast for dinner!  

Grab a fork and dig in!  

This recipe was featured at: 




What's some fun breakfast ideas you like to create in your kitchen? 



http://www.topmommyblogs.com/

 Related Posts:

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/03/bananas-and-eggs-for-flourless-pancake.html

Banana Egg Flourless Waffles Recipe for International Waffle Day
http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/04/breakfast-with-cinnamon-roll-waffles.html


















Linking up with:

Cook It, Craft It, Share It!

Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm

Saturday Night Fever

Best of the Weekend Party at littlemisscelebration.com

1

Creative K Kids

Joybee, What's for Dinner?
Will Cook For SmilesSay G'Day Saturday
I was featured at #GetHimFed Fridays
#WakeUpWendesdayLinky

My PinterventuresEpic Mommy Adventures