Homemade Banana Oreo Neopolitan Ice Cream
Summer is here and that means lots of icy cold, frozen treats including some delicious, creamy ice cream. Last week was our first time making our own ice cream at home and we didn't use an ice cream machine...it turned out great!
Summer Means Ice Cream!
We normally don't buy store-bought cookies but I was curious to see what these Oreo Neapolitan cookies tasted like. By themselves they are pretty tasty and dunking it in milk is a nice treat to enjoy...however, I didn't want to stop there...
I've been wanting to make homemade ice cream for awhile now. We don't have an ice cream machine but knew that we could do it without one. I'm happy we did because...
Banana and Oreo Neapolitan cookies combined...
...is happiness in my mouth!
What you need to make Banana Oreo Neapolitan Ice Cream:
- 1-2 overripe bananas
- 8-10 Oreo Neapolitan cookies
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
How to Make Banana Oreo Neapolitan Ice Cream:
- Chill a large mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
- Crush Oreo cookies into bits - I didn't want mine too small because I wanted to still taste the texture of the cookies. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Set aside
- After bowl and beaters of mixer are chilled, pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks are formed.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and add Oreo cookies and bananas.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container (we reused a large plastic ice cream container we saved), cover with tight lid and let freeze overnight or for several hours.
- When ready to eat, let the container sit out until soft enough to serve.
Perfect summer treat to cool you down
Place in a bowl or in an ice cream cone...enjoy!
This post may have been shared at these linky parties.
Cook it! Craft it! Share it!
No Bake Desserts Linky Party
Whatever Wednesday @ Thank You Honey
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop