Thursday, May 1, 2014

Butterscotch and Sunbutter Cookies

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 peanut-free cookies


Sunbutter and Butterscotch Cookies


I enjoy treats that don't call for many ingredients in the recipe.  I also enjoy creating new recipes that bring joy to my family...and to my sweet tooth!  I'm actually thinking about taking the plunge into decreasing my family's sugar intake.  After this weekend at my son's birthday party, I would like to find ways to feed my family less sugar.  It's going to be a rough journey.  I know that it will be a big challenge ...and the kids have no idea about the horror that is about to happen!

Anyways, this week I made a few different goodies and I am excited to share them.  The other two baked yumminess involve Nutella, so if you are a fan of that delicious spread than check back here soon!

                     Peanut-free, cookies

Ingredients for Butterscotch and Sunbutter Cookies:


  • 1 cup Sunbutter 
  • 1 cup Butterscotch morsels
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar, brown or white sugar is fine


My hubby is allergic to peanuts and I usually make peanut butter cookies for others but this time, we didn't have any and I thought it would be nice to make him a little treat.  You could substitute peanut butter or even soy butter for this recipe, if you like.  

peanut-free, nut-free cookies

Instructions to Make Butterscotch and Sunbutter Cookies

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, Sunbutter and egg together.  Then, add in butterscotch.
  3. Measure out about a tablespoon for each cookie onto baking sheet. 
  4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean after inserted into cookie. Be careful not to overcook.
peanut-free, nut-free cookies



peanut-free, nut-free cookies

 My hubby and kids loved this and they were looking for more!


peanut-free, nut-free cookies


                                                        

Cookies are one of my favorite desserts...now, I'll have to find ways to make them a little healthier once we go on our limited sugar challenge.  This will definitely be interesting!

Quick, Allergy-Friendly Treat


This easy, four ingredient Sunbutter recipe is great for for anyone allergic to peanuts. It's fast, effortless and tasty.  Hope you give it a try!



Do you like butterscotch?  How about Sunbutter?  What's your favorite recipe to use them in?


Related Posts

You will love this butterscotch and white chocolate treat...

My Blondie recipe which also uses butterscotch:


blondies, dessert, white chocolate














Mint chocolate, cupcakes, St. Patrick's Day
cinnamon rolls, cinnamon waffles

 

Where I Party


                                                This post may have been shared at these parties.



Happy baking!





  If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers