Written by, Bernadyn Nettles
Memorial Day Dessert Ideas
Here are some Memorial Day Treat ideas that are easy, tasty and quick to make. They can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer to serve your guests or in between all the fun you have planned for the weekend!
Flourless Banana Egg Pancakes
Start off the morning with a simple to make pancake. Don't forget the berries for that pop of color and to get in the Memorial Day spirit! Click on pic above for recipe.
Pinapple Angel Food Cake
For dessert, bake a pineapple angel food cake or separate the batter into multiple glasses and jars to serve plenty of guests. Add some blueberries along with this for the "blue."
Memorial Day Frozen Granola Pops
Try this snack to cool you down during the fun and festivities this weekend. Pre-make these so that they have plenty of time to harden and freeze.
Ingredients to make Frozen Granola Pops
- 1 cup Granola or dry instant oatmeal (I used granola with dried blueberries)
- 5-6 Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (fresh is preferable but I only had dried at the time)
- 1/2 to 1 cup strawberry preserve (you can also use raspberry or blackberry)
Instructions for Frozen Granola Pops
- Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl until well-combined.
- Scoop out into balls and place into a mini muffin pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- I didn't insert the lollipop sticks until they were ready to serve. The granola balls will be hardened but I found they stuck in better once stiff compared to if they were too soft.
- Serve immediately before it starts to soften and slide off the sticks!
Yields about 12-18 pops, depending on size.
You can also make them into bars instead. Just lay the batter onto an 8x8 pan, cover and then freeze. Cut into bars. Serves 12.
Memorial Day Nutella and Fruit Crackers
The kids will love snacking on these crackers as they are mixed with the salty, sweet and fresh fruit combination.
Ingredients for Memorial Day Fruit and Nutella Crackers
- 10 Saltine crackers
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced in circles
- 10 blueberries (Again, I only had dried blueberries but fresh is preferable)
- Start with spreading about a spoonful of Nutella onto each cracker.
- Place a banana slice onto each cracker, then the strawberries and last, the blueberries.
- You can cover this with plastic wrap and store in fridge for no longer than a day.
What yummy desserts do you plan to make for Memorial Day?
Wishing everyone a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and thank you to all our past and present service men and women, as well as their families!
Link Parties/Blog Hops for this post:
You might also like: