Friday, April 25, 2014

Bake Up a Penguin Cake for World Penguin Day

 

World Penguin Day is April 25th

Written by Bernadyn Nettles



Today marks the special day of World Penguin Day!  If you love penguins...and who doesn't?... then, don't forget to do something sweet or make something sweet to honor these cute, waddling, tuxedo-wearing animals!  Or, learn something new about them by reading or doing some research. 

I decided to make a chocolate chip cookie cake with chocolate frosting.  It was super easy to make, especially if you use boxed cake mix, which I normally wouldn't but I had a mix already in the pantry and I had so much to do this week since it was my son's birthday. 

We had left over chocolate chip cookies so instead of going to waste, I crushed them and added them into the batter.  They gave the cake some extra flavor and texture...great if you're a chocolate-lover like me!


 I also used some other ingredients that we have excess of ...we have loads of Easter goodies so I'm trying to incorporate them into other recipes.

For the cake recipe, I'd love for you to check it out on my article here.


Penguin Crafts Reusing Toilet Paper Tubes


My daughter loves arts and crafts...I think she just wants to glue everything...she always makes a big deal to hold the glue stick.  This crafty project making cute little penguins reusing toilet paper tubes and other things you have lying around the house is fun and easy for kids.  

  

These are super easy to make but you can see full instructions for this and some fun penguin facts in my article below.  Just click on the picture!





What will you do to honor penguins on World Penguin Day?  


You might also like:



 http://bnadyn.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-White-Chocolate-and-Butterscotch-Blondies-and-Cookies


Enjoy your weekend,

-B