Monday, March 17, 2014

Rainbow Milkshakes and Rainbow Jello in a Jar

Written by, Bernadyn

If you want to celebrate St.Patrick's Day today, a small and fun way you can do it is with some rainbow and green food and drinks.  This is especially an easy and fun way to let the kids join in with celebrating the holiday.  Most kids adore rainbows and treats that have sprinkles!  I made some milkshakes with cookies and sprinkles for rainbow milkshakes and rainbow Jello in a jar using layered Jello colors for my kids in honor of St.Patrick's Day.  

St.Patrick's Day, Rainbow Food


Rainbow Milkshakes

 

Sprinkles, Rainbow Food, Dessert

I saw this cute rainbow milkshake idea from this Blog and had to try it!  In that recipe, it used circus animal cookies but I used these vanilla cream cookies instead.  

What You Need:

  • Milk
  • Cookies (animal crackers, vanilla cream-type cookies or any kind of white-colored cookies you prefer)
  • Vanilla ice cream 
  • Sprinkles
  • Whip cream, optional
  • Corn syrup or light syrup 


St.Patrick's Day Food

St.Patrick's Day Food, Dessert

How to Make:

  1. Start with using corn syrup (I didn't have any so I used light syrup) to coat the sides of the jar for the sprinkles to stick.
  2. Put the milk, cookies and ice cream in a blender.  The amount of the ingredients depends on how many milkshakes you are making and your preference on how thick you want them to be.  For each jar that I used, which are on the small-medium size, I used 2 scoops of ice cream, about 3-4 cookies and 1 cup of milk.
  3. Blend it all together and pour into a glass or jar.  
  4. Add whip cream or sprinkles on top, if desired, for extra fun!   
St.Patrick's Day Food, Kids' Food

 Oh yeah, and a fun green mustache or rainbow straw to make it even more festive!


St.Patrick's Day Rainbow Food

 

Rainbow Jello in a Jar

 

Another fun rainbow treat I made for my kids to celebrate St.Patrick's Day is Rainbow Jello in a jar.  I only wished I had blue and yellow Jello, as well.

Rainbow Food, St.Patrcick's Day

What You Need:

  • Jello in the colors you want to use (I used green, red, purple and orange)
  • A large jar
  • A little bit of patience!

St.Patrick's Day Jello Food


How to Make:

  1. Start with one color first and follow basic instructions or use the Quick Set Method, which is what I did, on box for how to make Jello mix.
  2. Wait until the first layer is firm enough to pour another layer of color on top.
  3. Repeat until filled to the top.

Share the love, pin and share this post!


Related Posts






Click the banner below to vote at Top Mommy Blogs, thank you!!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory