Written by, Bernadyn
I like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day for my kids because I remember how fun it was to celebrate this holiday when I was a child. My kids love cupcakes, so I tried out a new recipe to make mint chocolate cupcakes for a little something green. I love the color of mint-green, plus, I adore chocolate, which is why I decided to use that combination. I am happy with how they turned out. Try out the recipe and let me know what you think!
I always aim to make cakes and cupcakes that are moist (or do you prefer if I say "not dry"?). If there's chocolate involved, I especially like the texture to include the fudgy taste; that's exactly how these cupcakes came out.
The best part, according to my little girl, is the frosting.
The cupcakes themselves are already minty, so I decided to stick with vanilla buttercream icing. I just colored them with mint green food coloring.
Recipe for Mint Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used organic flour, optional)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 bag of chocolate and mint morsels, depending on how minty you want the flavor. (I used Nestle brand chocolate chips but you can also use Andes mints).
- Chocolate chip morsels
- Chocolate shavings
- Chocolate Shamrock
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place baking liners in pan
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder
- In a separate bowl, mix together water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, take turns combining dry and wet ingredients, ending with dry ingredients.
- Add in mint morsels and mix well
- Pour into baking liners 2/3 cups full and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, just until tooth pick comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
- Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled, then put icing.
The cupcakes should come out nice and moist, not thick or heavy at all.
I hope you enjoy this mint chocolate cupcake recipe. It is a delicious, sweet treat to eat to celebrate St.Patrick's Day, especially if you make the icing green. It is now one of my favorite cupcake recipes to bake.
Please pin it and share this post if you enjoyed it!!
This post may have been shared at these parties.
Click on the banner below to vote, thank you!!