My daughter turned two and a half years old this week so I wanted to write a quick post on an update about my little girl. She acts much older with her maturity, brilliance and wit. She is such a blessing and adds so much sweetness and spice to our lives.
What Lyla B. has been up to:
- Articulating words better
- Saying longer sentences
- Praying (We can't always understand what she is praying about but we catch the words "baby" and "sister" in there).
- Playing with Power Rangers, Legos, dolls, food (real and pretend)
- Hosting more tea parties
- Using the bathroom completely on her own. We go through more toilet paper now and I feel the need to clean the toilet more often just to be sure everything is well-sanitized!
- More interests in books
- Saying more letters and numbers
- Tries to count and read
- Can point out most of her colors
- Obsessed with picking flowers...or anything that resembles flowers
|Growing up so fast!|
- String cheese and all kinds of cheese
- Cocoa Puffs cereal
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Boiled eggs
- Cookies, specifically sugar cookies with sprinkles
- Waffles, especially with ice cream or whip cream and sprinkles
- Yoo Hoo which she calls Hoo Hoo
Favorite TV Shows:
- My Little Pony
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Jack and the Neverland Pirates
- Scooby Doo
Favorite Quotes from My Daughter:
- "My belly hurts." She likes to say this when she doesn't want to do something like go to bed.
- "I can't do it." It sounds like, "I tan't do it."
- "You're the bestest Mommy ever."
- "You're the bestest Daddy ever."
- "I do."
- "Eww, stink." She picks up on all kinds of sayings and words from her older brother!
- "I'm cold." It sounds like "I'm told."
- "A-ta!" Ta-da!
Apparently, for anyone interested, Daughter's Week was celebrated earlier this month, too.
Also, March 30th is "National Take a Walk in the Park Day" so if you want to unwind and get some exercise, visit a local park to honor this day! See my article HERE on more info and benefits of walking and parks.
There are lots of beautiful parks in my city so I would recommend dropping by at a couple of them if you are ever in Jacksonville.
Check out some of these favorite parks of mine below:
You Might Also Like:
|Baby Girl is Two|
|Words of Wisdom from a Mother to Her Daughter|
Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!