Friday, March 28, 2014

Brielle is Two and a Half

Daughters

 

My daughter turned two and a half years old this week so I wanted to write a quick post on an update about my little girl.  She acts much older with her maturity, brilliance and wit.  She is such a blessing and adds so much sweetness and spice to our lives.  

My Daughter, Lyla Brielle


What Lyla B. has been up to:

  • Articulating words better
  • Saying longer sentences
  • Singing
  • Praying (We can't always understand what she is praying about but we catch the words "baby" and "sister" in there).
  • Playing with Power Rangers, Legos, dolls, food (real and pretend)
  • Hosting more tea parties

  • Using the bathroom completely on her own.  We go through more toilet paper now and I feel the need to clean the toilet more often just to be sure everything is well-sanitized!
  • More interests in books
  • Saying more letters and numbers
  • Tries to count and read
  • Can point out most of her colors
  • Putting on her own clothes 
  • Obsessed with picking flowers...or anything that resembles flowers




Growing up so fast!


 Favorite Food:

  • String cheese and all kinds of cheese
  • Cocoa Puffs cereal
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
  • Boiled eggs
  • Cupcakes
  • Cookies, specifically sugar cookies with sprinkles
  • Apples
  • Waffles, especially with ice cream or whip cream and sprinkles

Favorite Drink:

  • Yoo Hoo which she calls Hoo Hoo

Favorite TV Shows:

  • My Little Pony
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Jack and the Neverland Pirates
  • Scooby Doo


Favorite Quotes from My Daughter:

  • "My belly hurts."  She likes to say this when she doesn't want to do something like go to bed.
  • "I can't do it."  It sounds like, "I tan't do it."
  • "You're the bestest Mommy ever."
  • "You're the bestest Daddy ever."
  • "I do."
  • "Eww, stink."  She picks up on all kinds of sayings and words from her older brother!
  • "I'm cold."  It sounds like "I'm told."
  • "A-ta!"  Ta-da!




As she grows older, it's so much more fun spending time with her because she interacts so well.  She mimics a lot of what I say and do so I have to keep in mind how impressionable she is.  Daughters are so precious and I want to make sure I raise her well.  It's a challenge every day but I'm happy to do it!


Apparently, for anyone interested, Daughter's Week was celebrated earlier this month, too. 

Also, March 30th is "National Take a Walk in the Park Day" so if you want to unwind and get some exercise, visit a local park to honor this day!  See my article HERE on more info and benefits of walking and parks.  

There are lots of beautiful parks in my city so I would recommend dropping by at a couple of them if you are ever in Jacksonville.  

Check out some of these favorite parks of mine below:

 
Riverside Park
Memorial Park
Memorial Park



You Might Also Like:

Baby Girl is Two
Baby Girl is Two
" A daughter may outgrow your lap but she will never outgrow your heart."
Words of Wisdom from a Mother to Her Daughter





Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!


-B