Friday, March 21, 2014

Bottles and Jars: Simple Ways to Reuse Glassware

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

Redecorating, Rearranging and Decluttering the Home

 

Happy Friday!  Spring is here and for many, like me, that means spring cleaning.  I like to declutter, reorganize, and redecorate my home around this time.  It makes sense, particularly, if you like to decorate your home according to what season it is.  Now that it is Spring, that means more pastel, Easter and Spring-like colors to splash around the house.  I wanted to add more cooler tones to my home, which has been decorated in dominantly warmer tones.  I'm currently in love with the mint color so I'm incorporating that with the decor this season, even in items like glassware.
recycle jars, upcycle jars, paint jars

  

Reusing and Recycling Glass Bottles and Glass Jars


I think it's important to recycle and reuse as much as possible.  We've been donating plenty of unwanted items we have no longer have any use for around the house.  For some items, on the other hand, I'll try to find a way to reuse it myself, such as glass jars and bottles.
I collect glass jars and bottles, thinking I'll be able to reuse them one way or the other.  Lately, I've been using them in multiple ways:
  • Drinkware
  • Container for supplies
  • Food storage
  • Decoration
  • Vases
  • Jewelry holder  

 
food jars, recycle food jars

Other Ways to Reuse Glass Bottles and Jars:

  • Soap dispenser
  • Candy bar at a party
  • Popcorn bar at a party
  • Cake in a jar for a party
  • Other desserts or treats in small glass containers
  • Party favor containers
recycle jars, upcycle jars


I'm trying out more ways to paint and decorate glass as a new hobby, as well.  It's pretty exciting, LOL!  


Here are some Ideas to Reuse and Recycle Glass: 




upcycle wine bottles, recycle wine bottles
House decor: I wrapped scrapbook paper around these wine bottles and use them as vases for plants and flowers.


recycle wine bottles, upcycle wine bottles
These would be nice for simple centerpieces and decor for weddings or parties.
  
recycle jars, paint jars
After this candle holder on the left was completely used up, I took any excess wax out and washed it out.  For now, it's just being used as a tea light candle holder.
baby food jars, recycle baby food jars, upcycle jars
Another easy idea for decor or centerpieces.  White candles would look better or you can also paint the jars to make it the colors you want.



upcycle jars, glass jars, recycle jars
Jars are nice to reuse for holding pens, markers, crayons, paint brushes and other supplies and tools.
upcycle jars, recycle glass jars

glass jars, upcycle jars, recycle jars
I have some cork that I'm not sure what to do with yet.  When I have enough, I'll find some craft to utilize them for!

photo jars, recycle photo jars, upcycle jars
Glass jars make great photo holders and take up less space then picture frames.

upcycle wine bottles, recycle wine bottles
Wine bottles can be used to hold jewelry like bracelets.  I'm in the process of painting my wine glasses to match the colors in my bedroom.

Jello in a Jar!  Also, I want to make cake in a jar...sounds fun, right?

Who doesn't like milkshakes...and they just seem more festive to drink out of a glass container!
 


My bathroom sink decor
I used scrapbook paper to wrap this, too.


More Ways to Decorate Glass bottles and jars:

  • Use burlap and twine
  • Lace
  • Doilies
  • Rhinestones 
  • Ribbon
I'm working on more ways to decorate glassware so stay tuned!  They are growing in popularity to use as decoration and centerpieces for weddings and parties.  


How do you reuse glass bottles and jars?  

Wishing you a beautiful day!




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Click on the banner above to vote for this blog at Top Mommy Blogs!  Thank you so much for your support!


Related Posts


Dying Clothes

 Simple Tips to Go Green In and Out of the Home

 Creative Ways and Ideas to Decorate Baby's Nursery
Creative Ways and Ideas to Decorate Baby's Nursery


Linking Up With:

Weekends-Are-For-Fun Blog Hop