Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bananas and Eggs for a Flourless Pancake Recipe

Flourless Pancakes: A Quick and Easy Meal for Breakfast



They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  That may be true but I also think a great thing about breakfast food is that it can be fairly easy and inexpensive to make.  Pancakes are one of those examples and now I've found an easier way to make them with very minimal ingredients, time and effort.  Using only two main ingredients: bananas and eggs, these flourless pancakes are so easy and tasty.  My husband told me about this recipe so we had to try it.  They are perfect for any time of the day since they do not take much time at all!

How To Make Flourless Pancakes:

Start with two eggs and one banana. 

Mash the bananas separately or you can mix the bananas and eggs together with an electric mixer.   


 Cook the pancakes in a pan or griddle and...
You're done!
Pour organic maple syrup over them or use your favorite syrup.
Enjoy!

This recipe makes about 6 medium size pancakes.

Add Additional Ingredients, if desired but NOT necessary


Add on any extra fruit or toppings if you like. 
Of course, to keep it healthy, hold off on putting any extra unhealthy ingredients 
...like powdered sugar!

The bananas eliminate the need to put any additional sweetener into the batter. 

Extra Flavoring or Spices, Optional

You can add in additional ingredients but is not necessary for the flavor.  Some flavors or spices you might want to include just to try it out are:
  • Cinnamon
  • Apple pie
  • Pumpkin spice
  • Vanilla extract
  • Walnuts
  • Oats
  • Raisins
  • Blueberries or other fruit as topping.  I wouldn't recommend including them into the batter to cook since it will most likely make the pancakes come out to soggy.
  • Baking powder (to make them fluffier)
None of these extras are necessary but if you're like me, I like to experiment with different tastes.

I love strawberries with bananas so I usually add it on top of my pancakes.

If you haven't tried making any kind of flourless pancakes, I suggest you do. I don't think I'll go back to making pancakes with flour any time soon.  That is, as long as I have some bananas and eggs available in my house - my kids love bananas so we run out of them fast!

Another idea to make using this recipe: just add on a lollipop stick while cooking in the pan or griddle.  Perfect for the kids to dip into their syrup!


This recipe is so simple and fast to make that you shouldn't have an excuse to skip out on breakfast!

Enjoy your day!

-B




Check out my article on Flourless Waffles and Pancakes for more photos and recipe ideas.

You Might Also Like:

Rainbow Milkshakes and Rainbow Jello
Rainbow Milkshakes and Rainbow Jello in a Jar

Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
 
Easy Food and Drink Recipes for St.Patrick's Day
Easy Food and Drink Ideas For St.Patrick's Day