Happy International Waffle Day!
March 25th is International Waffle Day, which originated in Sweden. I want to celebrate waffles today by sharing a recipe to make flourless waffles. It's similar to the recipe I shared on flourless pancakes with some slight changes. It still only requires two main ingredients: bananas and eggs. Since I used a mini waffle maker, I needed to add more bananas and eggs for a thicker consistency.
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- Mash bananas separately or use an electric mixer to beat bananas and eggs together.
- Add extra flavor, optional. (You can add in cinnamon, pumpkin pie or apple pie spice).
- To fluff them up more, you can also add in some baking powder, 1/2 - 1 tsp.
- Pour batter into waffle maker. Let cook for a bit longer than usual. Mine were ready in 3-4 minutes.
Advantages of Mini Waffles
My family loves mini waffles, especially my kids, since there are multiple fun ways to eat them! Using mini waffles, you can make:
- Ice cream sandwiches by putting ice cream in between the waffles. Add sprinkles for more fun!
- Place some whip cream or cool whip in between two waffles.
- Eat it with whip cream and other fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- Put egg in between the waffles with some cheese.
- Nutella sandwiches by spreading some Nutella in between two waffles. This one is very tasty!
- Mix a little bit of cool whip and Nutella together, then spread onto waffles. Delicious!
More Ways to Enjoy WafflesThere are various ways to enjoy waffles, like eating it with bacon, sausage and chicken. If you haven't tried chicken and waffles yet, you might be surprised to fall in love with this! Don't forget to mix some hot sauce into the maple syrup to dip your chicken in.
International Waffle Day
Since it is International Waffle Day, take a chance and try a new waffle recipe. Here are some links to recipes that look pretty tasty:
You might also like:
|Bananas and Eggs for Flourless Pancakes|
|Easy Two Ingredient Flourless Pancakes and Waffles|
Will you be eating some waffles today?
Hope you have a delicious day!