Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bring on the New Year 2014

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles 


Happy New Year 2014


Happy New Year!!!  It feels like such a long time since I've posted anything on here but alas, life once again demanded my attention.  The holidays are always a busy time and as the kids grow older, it's only going to get busier for my family.  My son was off from school on holiday break for two weeks so during that time I wanted to be sure to spend a lot of time with him. We had lots of activities planned for the kids so I did not have much time to publish any posts.  

Happy New Years, 2014


Here are just a couple of the things we squeezed in to do over the break: 


We visited one of our favorite places in Jacksonville, FL, the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.


Jacksonville Zoo Lights

All the trees were lit up in various colors, making the entire zoo a magical place to walk through,
which the kids enjoyed.
One of our annual holiday traditions is to visit St. Augustine, FL for Nights of Lights which we usually do on Christmas Eve.

Nights of  Lights in St. Augustine, FL 

Nights of Lights lasts until the end of January so enjoy it while you can!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! 


Now, it's time to welcome the new year and see what 2014 has in store for us all. Yesterday was Brody's first day back to school and that means back to getting up early and running on a strict schedule.  The new year to many people means a fresh start with new goals to reach.  I know you can do that every day but why not the start of the new year , too?  It's the perfect time to set new goals and work toward an active way to accomplishing them.  The key word, of course, is ACTIVE!  

I am determined to finish up plenty of my projects, mostly writing, that I have been working on.  Speaking of strict schedules and being proactive, that is what I plan on implementing to achieve my goals this year:

  • Stick to a strict schedule 
  • Eliminate distractions and interruptions by turning off cell phone
  • Finding places to be able to focus solely on my work






The new year is a time for new possibilities, new adjustments, challenges and making your own happiness...  it starts with you and that's the hardest part - getting started!

What's your goals for the new year?  Any changes, challenges or adjustments you would like to make?



From my family to yours, we wish you many blessings for the new year!




Related Posts


http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2013/12/being-gracious-during-holidays.html










http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2013/11/blessings-for-thanksgiving.html