Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Breakfast at Cool Moose Cafe & Bistro


Happy Hump Day!  It's a cold day again here in Florida, the winter storm of 2014!  My five-year-old son wants to see some snow..."just a tiny bit,"  he said.  I just want to stay warm and all this cold weather is doing is making me crave a big, satisfying hot breakfast.  That's just what we had on a recent adventure to Cool Moose Cafe & Bistro on Park Street in Riverside.  

It was our first time there but I'm sure it won't be our last.

   The art work lining the walls captured my little girl's eye.
She especially liked this large piece, taking it all in for some time.  I was impressed; I think she was really trying to interpret the meaning behind it!

Of course, once she saw this display of sweet goodies, her attention
was drawn to satisfying her sweet tooth.
She had to have a cupcake!

  She chose the caramel cupcake with salted caramel icing.
                             They heated it up for her and she was in love!
   
We took our time trying to figure out what to order.
There was so much food to choose from.  

I finally decided on the Farmer's Market & Brie,
that included three whipped eggs with veggies and brie...gotta love the brie!

It was a good, fluffy size and tasty... I was not disappointed!

It was served alongside potato wedges and toast.

Needless to say, but I guess I'll say it anyways... 
it was plenty of food that was 
worth the small amount I paid for it!

They had a coffee bar so I drank it down with an Irish Cream Latte (light flavor, not too sweet), while Hubby sipped on a Chai Tea Latte.


To fill his hunger, he had the Cool Moose Breakfast
that included cheese grits, pancakes, sausage, bacon, toast and eggs. 

It was plenty and I could tell without asking him that he enjoyed it.
I had a bite of his pancakes and they were delicious!


Riverside is a favorite part of town for me.  It boasts lots of great eateries for your taste buds to explore!  There's still more places we have yet to dine at so I'm looking forward to trying them all out this year.  

If you're looking for a cozy, friendly place to eat breakfast on a cold or even on a hot day, where prices are easy on the wallet and good size portions of food are served to fill your stomach, then maybe try Cool Moose Cafe & Bistro!


What local eateries are you looking forward to exploring this year?


You might also like THIS POST for more places to eat around Jacksonville.


Enjoy the day and try to stay warm!

-B