Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Black and White Photos While Taking a Walk in the Park

 Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


Pictures in the Park

 
I find that many moms are rarely in the pictures when it comes to photographing their family because they are the ones holding the camera which is why I encourage my hubby to help me out with taking photos when we are out together.  I want to be sure to at least be in a few of them so my kids will remember who I am and what I looked like!  I think it's a great idea if my hubby and I both learned how to take nice photos so that I can feel more confident with letting him hold the camera more frequently.  Hmmm, I'm sensing a new couple activity brewing for this year!

A few weeks ago, when it wasn't so cold, we took a trip to one of my favorite parks, Memorial Park, where we took some random photos and they turned out to be some of my favorite shots from 2013.  I thought I'd share them here and so that the kids can look back on them one day (since nowadays, I rarely print out photos to put in albums and scrapbooks).  


It was a nice day filled with some memorable moments and I thought I would have them in black and white because sometimes, it speaks to me more than a colored photograph.

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” 

― Ted Grant








“When I was a little girl, everything in the world fell into 

either of these two categories: wrong or right. Black or 

white. Now that I am an adult, I have put childish things 

aside and now I know that some things fall into wrong and 

some things fall into right. Some things are categorized as 

black and some things are categorized as white. But most 

things in the world aren't either! Most things in the world 

aren't black, aren't white, aren't wrong, aren't right, but 

most of everything is just different. And now I know that 

there's nothing wrong with different, and that we can let 

things be different, we don't have to try and make them 

black or white, we can just let them be grey. And when I 

was a child, I thought that God was the God who only saw

black and white. Now that I am no longer a child, I can 

see, that God is the God who can see the black and the 

white and the grey, too, and He dances on the grey! Grey is 

okay.” 




I used to think the same as C. JoyBell C.,  that everything is either black or white, right or wrong but as I grow older and wiser, I can see that there are a lot of gray areas in life; that many things can be more complicated than they look.  Taking pictures, however, is something that isn't complicated to me.  I enjoy it; no matter if it's colored or black and white or gray.  



 
These are two of my favorite photos from 2013

The best part is that they posed themselves.











Do you still print out photos for photo albums and scrapbooks?  

Most of the time, I just have too many to print out and I tell myself I'll get to it eventually. For now, many of my pictures I take with my camera phone I print monthly using an app called Groovebook.  It's free to download and you only pay $2.99 monthly for processing and shipping to have a new photo book with 100 photos included sent out to you with the pictures you choose from your phone.  The pages are glossy and perforated so you can tear them out to frame or give out, which is what I did for family and friends as gifts for Christmas.  

Try one for FREE on me using this code: NETTLES5.  Also, check them out on Facebook and see how you can get one for free: facebook.com/Groovebook

Enjoy the rest of this cold week and wear those warm clothes while you can.  It'll probably be back to 80 degrees here in Florida by next week!