Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Basking Outdoors

Halfway there!  This week is rolling along at the perfect pace for me, not too fast nor too slow.  I want to share something I have been doing for the past month, which is taking time to intentionally slow down, find peace and enjoy the outdoors.  I made a habit now of doing this while I study and spend time with my kids or friends.  

As I have mentioned before, I am regularly studying for my GRE Exam that I plan to take in March and what better way to study than breathe fresh air and have the "feel-good" oxygen sent to my brain?  I can't study at home because I'm just not as productive cooped up there with distractions.  I also find that I get more accomplished reading and writing outside.  During this cooler season here in Florida is the perfect weather to do just that.  I can bask in the warm sun but also have the relief of the cool breeze to keep the outdoors at the perfect temperature.

I want to share these photos I took while spending time outdoors.  Maybe they can give you a sense of peace and calm, too.  Life is short so we need to stop the rush of every day business, wind down, have some tea or coffee and appreciate the beauty in nature.

These photos were taken at Memorial Park, a beautiful park for taking photos, taking a lazy stroll, fishing and meditating.





"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller






 These photos were taken at Stinson Park, another awesome park that has a nice playground for the children.  I was able to get some studying done here while the kids and hubby played.  Well, the kids played and hubby supervised!

 I took a break from studying because I could not resist to snap a few shots of the gorgeous views this park provided.



"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." 
-E.E. Cummings


Today is also my mom's birthday so happy birthday to her and may she be blessed with many
 more years!!!  

There are a lot of holiday festivities happening around town so be sure to check those out especially for the kiddos!  I'll be posting on a few of them tomorrow.  

Have a beautiful Wednesday!


-B


Visit HERE for more photos!