Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blessings for Thanksgiving

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

 

 Thanksgiving Holiday

 


Happy Thanksgiving for those of you who celebrate this holiday!  I'm currently making my annual sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole then I will be off to celebrate the festivities at my parent's house.  I made a new recipe for my hubby's work party this week (a sweet potato pie with cream cheese icing and chocolate chips).  I will be posting that recipe here soon so keep an eye out for that.  

On this Thanksgiving Day, I just want to thank everyone who has ever read any of my posts! When I first started my journey on this blog, I did not expect to have an audience.  I began this as my creative outlet and mainly to document my experiences for my kids as something they can look back on when they are older.  I want them to get the inside look about my experiences with them as young children and our family as a whole through their mother's eyes.  

It has grown into something more now and I appreciate all who take the time to read anything I write!  I now write to share my journey with raising a family so that others can feel comforted that it takes patience, practice, understanding and lots of love!  There's going to be tough moments and sweet moments but as long as you are living in the moment is all that counts!  Thank you all for sharing this journey with me and I hope it touches your lives in some way.


Two little blessings I'm thankful for every day.

I'm also thankful for all the experiences I have had this year.  It hasn't been an easy one but it has been an important year that brought about various changes for me. Every day is a day to be thankful for as long as you are alive, right?  I've been blessed with happy circumstances and even the challenges that have been thrust my way are blessings.  

Without the dark times, we won't truly appreciate when the  light finally glows in the room.  


My little munchkins, two shining lights in my life that remind
me to keep on when darkness is looming.

Something else I am thankful for and want to share with you all that I have been blessed with this week is the opportunity to have a story I wrote featured on an amazing blog, Somewhere in the City.  I wrote an article on a friend of mine who started her own small business this year.  It was featured this past Tuesday and you can read that post HERE. She has an awesome product that everyone can use so stop by and check it out!


What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?  What's on your table to gobble up?  

Have a blessed day and enjoy your time with your loved ones!  







































Related Posts

 

http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2014/10/birthday-blessings-10-things-im.html

  http://b-is4.blogspot.com/2013/09/blessings-along-way.html 

  Thanksgiving, Crafts, Arts