Tuesday, October 8, 2013

B's Birthday Celebration

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles


It's My Birthday!


"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."  -Oprah Winfrey

Last Thursday was my birthday so I took a break from here to just enjoy the day.  I actually spent all day Wednesday celebrating with my hubby since he was able to take the day off for me.  It was a beautiful day that began with a delicious breakfast in San Marco at Maple Street Biscuit Company and then a day filled with shopping.  On my actual birthday, he took me out for dinner after he got off work.  Over the past weekend, we went out to a party for another birthday celebrant and then ended the night with some friends to continue my birthday celebration at Tilted Kilt and World of Beer. Both were awesome places that I've never visited so I'm happy we went there!  Sunday was spent hanging out at a friend's house and going down memory lane while we visited the south side of Jacksonville.  I'll share more about that day in another post coming soon!

Maple Street Biscuit Company
Go here to visit their website.  Try it out if you haven't been!


I ordered the most popular one according to the nice ladies at the register:  "The Five Biscuit" and hubby, Ryan, ordered: "The Squawking Goat"
We both had the maple coffee...yum!
I think every birthday is worth celebrating. Letting go was tough for me but I accepted it and said good-bye to my roaring twenties so that I could welcome my thirties and all it has to offer.  I began the day with a prayer that day, thanking God for the chance to celebrate another year of life.  I'm healthy, albeit some minor health issues like sinuses that only get worse every year (which I was experiencing last week) and a few other things but nothing that will kill me anytime soon, hopefully!  I'm grateful for the health I have right now and am taking more precautions and making more efforts to stay healthy.

Sometimes, however, you have to wine down or have a couple margaritas paired with cake and ice cream ;)


Dinner with hubby at Chilis Grill & Bar

I think birthdays are all about remaining positive and appreciating what you still have.  I have several plans for this decade that I'm embarking into so wish me luck and continue to follow me along on my journey!

Now, I'm off to finish some projects I'm working on. I have lots of writing to get done while I juggle that with a needy toddler!

Remember, every day is a gift!






 








Here is a post that includes my little girl's Birthday Celebration since our birthdays are a week apart.