Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Brody and Brielle, My Camera Inspiration

 "Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second." -Marc Riboud
 "You don't make a photograph just with a camera.  You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved." -Ansel Adams

 "What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce." -Karl Lagerfeld
"Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have someone click the shutter." -Ansel Adams


These pictures say it all and so do the quotes!  My kids are my life, my inspiration, my motivation to keep on keepin' on!  Last week was a tough week, super stressful (I got my purse stolen and it nearly turned my life upside down and I'm still trying to resolve everything with that mess) but this week has been a blessing...I have loads of work to do (articles to write for other people and meetings to attend) which I simply LOVE!  


I prefer staying busy and having things thrown my way that I enjoy doing.   Yes, it means cutting my time short with my kids and hubby but it only makes me appreciate my time with them more, reminding me that time melts quickly in our hands.  We should never take one single moment for granted.  That is the sole reason I adore photography and taking pictures, for me, it's all about capturing the moments, big and small.   Snapping that shot grabs onto something magical taking place because once that shot is taken, it slips away into the hands of time, never to happen exactly that same way again.  


As I dive further into this week, which is already halfway through, I'll keep with me in my mind and heart these photos of these precious faces; the two little people who encourage me (although they don't yet realize it), to do what I love and to work hard.  It's difficult being a stay-at-home/work-at-home parent because it's all about juggling and performing a balancing act where I have to actively make my own schedule and really stick to it.  


I'm also volunteering for my son's school this Thursday at the photo booth for the Fall Festival and am excited to capture pictures of all the children.  I look forward to participating as much as I can in my kids' lives.  As parents, we all try our best to do that and so remember, don't beat yourself up when you can't always do it all because as long as you're trying, your kids will notice.


Take time to snap a few shots of those silly, sleepy and adorable faces and don't forget to jump in some of the photos with the kids.  They'll be grateful you did when they're looking through them in the future! 


October and the coming months are usually hectic for everyone, what activities do you have coming up that will keep you on your toes?  


Check out these events around the Jacksonville area this weekend for some Halloween fun:


  • Oct. 24th - 26th: Field of Screams 6-10 pm.  Go here for info.
  • Oct. 25th - 26th: Creatures of the Night at the Alligator Farm 5:30-7:30 pm.  Go here for info.
  • Oct. 25th - 26th: Haunted Trail of Middleburg 7-11 pm.  Go here for info.

Hopefully, I can check out some Halloween happenings with my family this weekend, too. 

I was asked to write a post about some tips and advice on maternity leave so look out this week for that! 


Take care, 

-B


Visit my other blog here to see some fashion fun and check out Time Management with Children  for tips/ideas for proactively making quality time with your kids.