Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Birthday Celebration

It's been one week since my little girl, Lyla Brielle, turned two.  We didn't have a party for her yet but we took her out for a small dinner with my family.  My dad went on vacation for a month so we wanted to wish him a farewell, too.  My birthday is only a week after Lyla's so we plan to have a party together this year in a few weeks.  



She didn't sit still much during dinner but she is an active two year old so we can't expect too much from her, right?


We went out of town last week to south Florida.  It was raining so much while we were there so we stayed in the hotel room most of the time.  

We did not yet have our Mommy-Daughter photo shoot but we took these fun pics while hanging out in the hotel.  I think it's a fun idea to take pictures together with your kid(s) if your birthdays are close together especially while they are young enough to want to take pictures still.  

Ideas for what poses to take:
  1. Dancing together
  2. Kisses
  3. Hugs
  4. Bubbles
  5. Doing your favorite activity together (Lyla B. loves to draw and paint so we'll have to catch a snapshot of that)
  6. Wearing your shoes
  7. Dress in same outfit or similar clothes
  8. Wear costumes, play dress up
  9. Balloons
  10. Sparkles and glitter
  11. Blowing out birthday candle together
I plan on taking these pics with her for her photo book soon.  Feel free to use any of these ideas and let me know if you have any suggestions for pics with your kids, too!  In the meantime, this is what we captured so far:


Sweet girl, she just wanted to give Mommy kisses.

And more kisses...


Of course, she only wore her crown when we weren't taking pics.

Sibling love...birthday kisses for his baby sister
 t
Walking in Mommy's shoes...

Knocked out after a long day.

When we got back to Jax. we went to one of our fave spots, Sweet Frogs, to get yummy froyo,
one of our favorite treats.
I love the top left pic: she was happy about her strawberry and toffee cheesecake froyo with all kinds of sweet toppings.

I'll post more photos from our trip in another post.  Unfortunately, Lyla and I both got sick while we were  there.  My sinus is bad again since I have allergies and this is the season when it attacks me so I have not felt too functional this past week.  I have tons of things that need my attention so I will power through...after all, my birthday is coming up this Thursday!  Life is for celebrating and like George Harrison said, "All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much."

I'm teaching my daughter to take a piece of that cake, too.  After all, it's never too early to start...nor too late. ;)


October is here!  Check out the events going on this first week of the month in Jacksonville:
  • Oct. 2nd: First Wednesday Art Walk Oktoberfest 5-11 p.m.  Go here for info.
  • Oct. 4th: Movie Night (Epic) at West Riverside Elementary School 7-9 p.m.  Go here for info.
  • Oct. 5th: Dad All Day Free Fatherhood Program 1-2 p.m..  Go here for info. 

October is a busy time for us and since it's fall season, I hope I can get these allergies under control because I don't have time to deal with that right now!  I have loads on my plate like my new project  I have been working on, which I'm happy to say is now active on-line: my new blog, BNadyn Fashion.  Check it out here! 


Take care, stay well and until tomorrow...

-B