Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Brody and Brielle's Museum Adventure

It's Tuesday and it's already a long week.  We have lots going on today: 2 dentists appointments, PTA meeting, my Open House for Master's Program and grocery shopping all just today!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it all!  This hectic day makes me daydream about some relaxing down time.  One of the places I love to visit in our city when I want to have some peace and calm is the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens.  Since we can't go there today, I thought I would talk about one of our visits from this summer.

We like taking the kids to the kid-friendly area, Art Connections, where they can experience their own child-size fun and art.  Check it out below:


Creativity Timeline





This is a fun room where music is played while you see your body move with the colors
on the screen.

Brody & Lyla B. dancing





She is such a good artist.

Gallery for 18 months to 5 years old.



Creativity Timeline

Lyla Brielle



Me taking a photo of myself



Picture Perfect lets the kids paint their own picture on the screen
and they can print it out when they're done.


Gallery under 5







I asked Brody what he was doing with the noodles.
He said, "I'm locking you out."  I asked, "Why?"
"Because you've done your job, we don't need you anymore."
So I retired as a mama after that night...


Brody re-hired me as we left the museum.  It was enjoyable and educational.  We usually go on Tuesdays after 4 PM when admission is free or on the first Saturday of the month when admission is free all day.  Stop by and visit soon if you are ever in Jacksonville.  The kids will love exploring this part of the museum.  Check out the Gardens, too.  See my post here for A Walk Through Jacksonville's Cummer Gardens.  I love the beauty and view of the Cummer Gardens; perfect for photos and taking time to clear your head!

Can you believe it is the second week of September??  My schedule is only going to get busier from here on out.  How about you?  Enjoy your week!


-B



Visit my article on The Cummer Gardens.

Summer is almost over and that makes me reminisce:  A Summer Memory