Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blessings

“Thank you, God, for blessing me with another beautiful day, for giving me another chance to experience life and all it has to offer…”

I have been counting my blessings this week. There will always be better days than some. Bad days are inevitable (believe me, as a wife and mom of two toddlers, I’ve had my share of bad days) but that’s life. I’ve come to terms with how life works and wanted to take time to reflect on my blessings for when I stop to think about it, I have much more golden eggs in my basket than rotten ones.

The blessings in my life I am thankful for this week is receiving my first acceptance letter. Woohoo! It was only my second time submitting something and it was accepted in the first step for publication. I signed the publication agreement they sent me so here’s hoping to it following through the publication process. Wish me luck!

I also appreciate readers of my blog, articles and following any of my work. I appreciate all my supporters for bearing with me, taking time to listen to my stories and following along in my journey through all of this.

I am grateful for my children who show me the simple pleasure in life and offering me a glimpse back into innocence and childhood. They have made me strive to become a better person, to love with all my heart and appreciate the tiniest things.

Appreciating the small, simple things in life...

Beach and bubbles help me relax and melt the stress off

Love my family - my biggest blessing


I love my hubby for always loving me and being my biggest supporter.  I'm happy to have him back after being gone this week on a work trip!  


Each of us have a story to tell and when we take time to reflect on our personal story, we see the blessings we are gifted with among all the negative things we may experience. Remember to count those golden eggs when the rotten ones seem to be piling up.

Any blessings you're particularly grateful for this week?  What are the little things in life you appreciate?
 

Visit my Hubpage and if you’re interested in writing, too, this may be the place for you. You can make some pocket change while writing, here, too so a nice way to get your writing out there while bringing in some change!


Some fun things around town this weekend:



  • Back to School Block Party: Aug. 3rd in Green Cove Springs.  Go here for info.
  • Repticon Jacksonville at UNF Aug. 3rd-4th.  If anyone in your family is interested in reptiles there will be live animals and presentations  Go here for info. 
FYI:

  • Free quart of paint at Ace Hardware Aug. 3rd.  Visit their website here to print the coupon.  
  • Tax-free weekend in FL:  Go here to see what items are eligible.


Enjoy the rest of your week and wishes for lots more blessings to come your way!

 

-B