Monday, May 20, 2013

Beach, Sand and Rain

Written by, Bernadyn Nettles

My son just finished preschool last Friday and so I have summer on my mind.  I know this summer will go by fast, so I want to make the most out of it with my little boy before he starts school again.  I know he loves the water. Most likely we'll be at the beach and pool frequently.  We have already been to the beach a couple times this past spring since he insisted we go.  It was still a bit cool out to enjoy the water but just being near the water and smelling the salty ocean air brought back so many memories of my summers as a child. 

Ponte Vedra, Florida, Mickler's Beach

Mickler's Landing Beach

 "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
                                                                         -F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
One of the beaches we visited over a month ago was Mickler's Landing Beach. This was the beach hubby and I used to visit frequently before having children and before being married. 
We also went horseback riding here on our honeymoon.  

The parking is right off the beach so that's a bonus in why we like it, it's cleaner and isn't as crowded as some other beaches whenever we go. It was a little cloudy and then it started to rain when we brought the kids here so we didn't stay too long.  It's one of the nicer beaches, in my opinion, near Jacksonville, FL.



Always has her tongue sticking out

She didn't like how the sand felt on her feet

She enjoyed burying her brother.









Sunglass reflections


Peaceful day...someone always falls asleep at the beach.


Our footprints in the sand.
Left to right: Hubby, Me, Brody, Lyla 


Left: Hubby, Right: Me




Brody N Lyla


I <3 Nadyn






I can't wait to enjoy this summer with my little guy before he's off to kindergarten.

We rarely visit this beach so we wish it didn't start raining that day but summer is coming up fast so we will be back a few more times to make some special summer memories.  

Until next time, keep being beautiful, PVB.  


If you haven't visited this beach yet, stop by and no matter what you're doing this summer, wear sunscreen!


Enjoy your summer, 


-B


Are you fond of the beach?  What summer memories do you have from your childhood days?  


Visit my Hubpage for a summer memory I have from my own childhood.